Anyone disagree with this owner's manual instructions for the Santa Fe?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don2222

Minister of Fire
Feb 1, 2010
Salem NH
Hello

After a few years of use, when I fired up the Santa Fe stove the other day the moving parts just sounded a tad creeky. Not alot just a little.

Santa Fe Manual right side of Page 31 published September 1, 2008 7001-142D
13. Cleaning Exhaust Blower - Requires No Lubrication
• Frequency: Yearly or as needed
• By: Qualified Service Technician
• Task: Contact your local dealer
14. Cleaning Convection Blower - Requires No Lubrication
• Frequency: Yearly or as needed
• By: Qualified Service Technician
• Task: Contact your local dealer

I agree that the bearings are sealed and that is good in a dirty hot stove environment.
Cleaning the fan blades of both the exhaust blower and room blower and spray with graphite spray is still good servicing.

However a few drops of 3-1 oil on the shaft seemed to give both blowers, and the auger motor a new lease on life and they run smoother and a little quieter when I fired the stove again tonight. Granted not a huge increase but the blowers did sound smoother running. They may even last 10 years this way! ! ! !

Any comments? ?

Attachments

• SantaFeConvectionBlower (1).jpg
    SantaFeConvectionBlower (1).jpg
    144.3 KB · Views: 164
  • SantaFeConvectionBlower (5).jpg
    SantaFeConvectionBlower (5).jpg
    141 KB · Views: 133
  • SantaFeConvectionBlower (2).jpg
    SantaFeConvectionBlower (2).jpg
    136.6 KB · Views: 152
  • SantaFeConvectionBlower (3).jpg
    SantaFeConvectionBlower (3).jpg
    129.7 KB · Views: 154
  • SantaFeConvectionBlower (4).jpg
    SantaFeConvectionBlower (4).jpg
    144.4 KB · Views: 147
  • SantaFeExhaustBlower (2).jpg
    SantaFeExhaustBlower (2).jpg
    130.3 KB · Views: 141
I remove both blower motors completely and clean. Blowing them off with compressed air and washing the convection and combustion blower blades/vanes and squirrel cages in a warm soapy solution. Then I add a drop or 2 of 3-n-1 oil (blue bottle/ SAE 20) onto/into each bearing. A little needle can be handy for doing this...

Some have gone years without servicing. I am not gonna push it. If I can help extend the life, I will do so..

Reactions: Don2222
I remove both blower motors completely and clean. Blowing them off with compressed air and washing the convection and combustion blower blades/vanes and squirrel cages in a warm soapy solution. Then I add a drop or 2 of 3-n-1 oil (blue bottle/ SAE 20) onto/into each bearing. A little needle can be handy for doing this...

Some have gone years without servicing. I am not gonna push it. If I can help extend the life, I will do so..

Yes, Dexter I agree.
Also I am very impressed with these Quad blowers! Wow, they are built to last!

Status
Not open for further replies.