Anyone else experience a better pellet batch this year?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

stillersnut

Sep 14, 2009
south central pa.
Just started burning my somersets, and WOW!! I was floored by the heat. I've burnt them in the past, but was blown away by this years batch. I have been burning Barefoots, left over from last year, & am not impressed with this batch. Outdoor temps are running into the mid 20's to teens, so decided to run the Somersets. I'm getting temp readings into 340 plus. using meat therm. placed 1 inch above heat ex. tube. With Barefoot, I was getting a reading of 275, & thought that was good. Anyone else experience a great batch of pellets, even hotter than last year??

Have loved Somersets for 3 yrs now. Just now realizing that its all I should be buying. Unless these Old Dominions work out (just picked up today). Pretty sure its all I will buy. Definitely the hottest pellet in my area. Ohio is limited to the supply that the New England area see's

Hello

This is the first year (Maybe the last - Unfortunately) that I got a bag of SUPER PREMIUM Geneva wood pellets. Just dumped in a bag. However Super Premium is no longer a member of the certified pellets anymore. ;-(

http://www.genevapellets.com/pellet_quality.html

With less than 4% moisture and 8200 btu/lb they should be hot! I will see.

Attachments

• DodgeGrainWoodPelletsSC.jpg
    DodgeGrainWoodPelletsSC.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 230
  • WPGenevaPremiumWoodPelletsSC.jpg
    WPGenevaPremiumWoodPelletsSC.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 228
  • WPGenevaPremiumWoodPelletsSpecsSC.jpg
    WPGenevaPremiumWoodPelletsSpecsSC.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 234
Let us know. Hopefully you do get a true super premium burn.

Burned a few bags of Lignetics Hard/Soft blend a while back.....I was a little leery of them, but got the ton cheap. But, after burning a few bags, much better than I expected.

stillersnut said:
Just started burning my somersets, and WOW!! I was floored by the heat. I've burnt them in the past, but was blown away by this years batch. I have been burning Barefoots, left over from last year, & am not impressed with this batch. Outdoor temps are running into the mid 20's to teens, so decided to run the Somersets. I'm getting temp readings into 340 plus. using meat therm. placed 1 inch above heat ex. tube. With Barefoot, I was getting a reading of 275, & thought that was good. Anyone else experience a great batch of pellets, even hotter than last year??

Burning Hamers here, but I was able to score 20 bags of Somersets last month. Great heat, great smell, clean burning. I'll be looking for them next season. The Hamer pellets are burning clean & hot, but I think there's too may fines in the batch I received.

Status
Not open for further replies.