1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Anyone else getting a storm this weekend?

Post in 'The Inglenook' started by Swedishchef, Feb 15, 2013.

1. Swedishchef

Swedishchef Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Quebec, Canada
    Hey guys

I am not sure where this storm is coming from (Colorado Low, Alberta Clipper or Nor'Easter) but we are going to get hammered this weekend. It's not good when the weather forecast simply says 50+ cm. That means: have lots of beer, food and wood for the weekend. Make sure your snowblower is tunes up, full of gas and ready to let er' rip!

We are going to get one hell of a pile of snow this weekend and next week: Sunday 50+cm, Monday 15-20cm, Tuesday 1cm, Wednesday 10-15cm and Thursday 10cm. Sunday's 50+cm includes winds of 30KM/h from the NE.

Andrew

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. jharkin

jharkin Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Holliston, MA USA
    Your turn, we got ours last weekend :)

We have a small storm coming Saturday night, estimates are all over the map anywhere from 2 in to 6 in (5 - 15 cm).
  3. Swedishchef

Loc:
    Quebec, Canada
    See, I love snow. 3 feet of it within 4 days? Not so sure. At least I will be able to take my time removing it since I am off work!
  4. yooperdave

yooperdave Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Michigan's U.P.
    We have snow in the forecast, but not a storm. From last night up till now about 8". The temp is dropping and will be below 0 tonight.
  5. Swedishchef

Loc:
    Quebec, Canada
    Then where the hell is this storm coming from? I am going to take a look at the radar for North America...
  6. nate379

nate379 Guest

Got about 7" last night and another inch or so today. They are talking about more over the weekend, but weather reports around here are rarely accurate.... example the afternoon weather reporter said it was 42* here in Palmer, dropping to 5* tonight. I have a high of 31* and it's 29* right now... we'll see what it gets down to, doubt it will drop to that cold.

I work with a guy that lives in Wasilla, about 15 mins from me. He only got about 4". I headed to work a bit early this morning (in Anchorage) figuring the on call guys would need help running equipment to clear at least the parking lots. Normally snows more in Anchorage. Well there was barely a dusting.
  7. Swedishchef

Loc:
    Quebec, Canada