Anyone else getting a storm this weekend?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Swedishchef

Minister of Fire
Jan 17, 2010
Inuvik, Northwest Territories
Hey guys

I am not sure where this storm is coming from (Colorado Low, Alberta Clipper or Nor'Easter) but we are going to get hammered this weekend. It's not good when the weather forecast simply says 50+ cm. That means: have lots of beer, food and wood for the weekend. Make sure your snowblower is tunes up, full of gas and ready to let er' rip!

We are going to get one hell of a pile of snow this weekend and next week: Sunday 50+cm, Monday 15-20cm, Tuesday 1cm, Wednesday 10-15cm and Thursday 10cm. Sunday's 50+cm includes winds of 30KM/h from the NE.

Andrew

Your turn, we got ours last weekend :)

We have a small storm coming Saturday night, estimates are all over the map anywhere from 2 in to 6 in (5 - 15 cm).

We have snow in the forecast, but not a storm. From last night up till now about 8". The temp is dropping and will be below 0 tonight.

Got about 7" last night and another inch or so today. They are talking about more over the weekend, but weather reports around here are rarely accurate.... example the afternoon weather reporter said it was 42* here in Palmer, dropping to 5* tonight. I have a high of 31* and it's 29* right now... we'll see what it gets down to, doubt it will drop to that cold.

I work with a guy that lives in Wasilla, about 15 mins from me. He only got about 4". I headed to work a bit early this morning (in Anchorage) figuring the on call guys would need help running equipment to clear at least the parking lots. Normally snows more in Anchorage. Well there was barely a dusting.

Status
Not open for further replies.