ANYONE ELSE GETTING SICK OF WINTER YET?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A quote from Bill Cosby

"I'm sick and tired and tired always followed sick"

WoodButcher

-33 this morning, though there is a slim chance we might make it to 0 today.

Just think if it where 66 degrees warmer we would be above 1 degree above freezing.

Where is that global warming when you need it.

Ain't sick of winter really, well kinda because I cant work on the toys. But I sure do wish it would snow like a MOFO, I just got a Kawasaki Prairie that I'm itchin' to try out in the white stuff...........

MishMouse said:
-33 this morning, though there is a slim chance we might make it to 0 today.

Just think if it where 66 degrees warmer we would be above 1 degree above freezing.

Where is that global warming when you need it.

That's some serious cold, mishmouse.

I think I may have found the Global Warming.
The temp is currently -11, but if you look at the thermometer that is by the window in the sun it says it is 60 degrees out there.

So 60 degrees in the middle of Feb for Central MN means ...... Global warming !!
Ok, Gov now give me my 1 Billion dollars so I can setup a committee to research the drastic temp changes. :p

[quote author="downeast" date="1203530124Dear Steve:
Believe me, Maine is a miserable place to be. No, no, no, do not come. The old saying of "..11 months of winter, and 1 month of damn poor sledding.." is true. Stay where you are in the Banana Belt ( anywhere south of the Piscataqua River). In March the suicides begin. April is mud time: nothing goes on Maine roads, or sinks forever out of sight. In May the scourge of Black Flies hatches; good only if you're fly fishing, or a member of the Save the Black Fly Association. In June the mozzies begin to harass bodies including moose. Then winter.
Please, don't migrate. It is a miserable place to live- the cold, oh the bone-chilling cold.
And, now in February we run out of wood to heat our hovels. The inhabitants have few teeth, the women moustaches, most are old before their time. Stay in Virginia.[/quote]

Gee whiz, downeast, I never knew. What about that state slogan of "Maine, the way life should be."? I must say that I was surprised when I worked up there about a decade ago that I saw more jacked-up pick-ups riding around with "rebel" flag stickers stuck in the back window than I see riding around these parts. When I inquired as to why from one individual, he claimed y'all were kind of rebels too. Perhaps you should invest in some bumper stickers I used to see when I worked periodically on the eastern shore of MD: "Welcome to the Eastern Shore of Maryland! Now go home."

Don't worry, no plans to move anytime soon, but if I do, be careful, some of that southern hospitality might end up rubbing off on y'all! :coolsmile:

In all seriousness, Maine rules. I've been all over the east coast, and have yet to find anywhere I would rather live than Western VA, except for Maine - I liked everything; from sea to mountains. And while I'm sure you'll never admit it, I found the people to be pretty friendly too! But don't worry, I won't tell anyone!

Got this photo today from a customer in Montana.

Attachments

• snow.jpg
    snow.jpg
    16.5 KB · Views: 171
thechimneysweep said:
Got this photo today from a customer in Montana.

That is great!

The average highs for today are SUPPOSED to be 36. I can handle that. The reality, though, is it's -2 right now heading to 20ish. It's time to secure the Canadian border!!!!!!.

This morning it was 6 degrees warmer then yesterday, only -27.
What a heat wave! :ahhh:

Status
Not open for further replies.