Anyone else having problems getting Simpson Duraliner parts?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lobsta1

Sep 6, 2007
Eastern Ma.
Ordered & paid for my liner system on 7/24. Order was confirmed. After two weeks I inquired about the status. Was finally told trhat 5 out of the 7 items were backordered. Was finally guaranteed shipping by 8/20. Started calling again last week & all of the same items are still backordered with no time of arrival. Any suggestions?
Al

P.S. If everyone is having trouble, I don't want to single out one internet source. That is why no name yet.

Nobody has an opinion? One person PM'ed me & said they were having a horror show with ordering & getting delivery from one advertiser on this site. I also emailed the Vice-President of Sales for Simpson inquiring if they would be able to start filling their dealer orders? Never got a reply.
I am starting to get the idea that customer service is not the norm in the solid fuel industry.
Al

This isn't a real surprise. I posted back in early summer that with the increased traffic here on this site and the mad rush on the stove stores that installation services and the supply of venting parts were going to be a problem right about now and on through winter. The pipe makers couldn't have seen this coming any more than the stove makers did.

In most years you can't give away stove pipe in the summer and most distributors even have reduced hours because of that.

Looks like I was worried about nothing. Got an email yesterday that product was shipped. Received it today. One pallet with 6 items weighing 162 lbs. Glad I didn't have to pay shipping. Purchased the Simpson components from dynamitebuys.com. They were the least expensive. Now I just have to get it installed.
Al

Just a FYI,
I got an e-mail today about the duraliner I ordered on Sept. 9th. The e-mail message was
"We are told that we won't have these products until the second week of October"
burrr.......

Yeah Simpson is a little backed up. Usually when we order stuff its at our door in two days. Takes up to a couple weeks recently. The MFG we order liner insulation from is way backup up. Back towards the end of August they were still shipping out orders placed in July.

I posted last weekend about brand preference but got no reponses, so I figured I'd ask you guys - what made you chose the Simpson product? I'm debating between Simpson Duraliner and Superpro (a Selkirk product I believe). The Superpro uses 304SS on both inner and outer tubes in the chimney pipe while the Simpson uses a 430 on the outer - slighty inferior grade as compared to 304, but I'm not sure if it will make a big difference.

Thanks for any opinions!

Some manufacturers are having problems with getting materials, here at Magnaflex we have preordered all of our materials and we are shipping out liner with no backordering....

I chose the solid oval dura-liner because it was pre-insulated at the factory for 0/0 clearance and it was only 4.75 inches wide, so it would fit down the 5 inch gap in my old chimney

Ed_in_Va said:
I chose the solid oval dura-liner because it was pre-insulated at the factory for 0/0 clearance and it was only 4.75 inches wide, so it would fit down the 5 inch gap in my old chimney

Same product for the same reason. I also ordered the insulating sleeve for the 5' of flex. That was an unbelievable pain as it was such a tight fit through the damper area. I couldn't cut any of the upper sloping surface of the damper housing open as it was solid masonry in back of the metal. I was also working by myself. It IS really a two man job. Finally used a a block of wood on top of a hydraulic bottle jack to position the flex while I went back outside to tighten down the holding clamp. I only had about 1/16th" of clearance under the lintle for the Englander 13 pipe collar to clear.

Only downside to the oval Dura-liner is the outside shell is galvanized, not SS like the inner shell or the outer SS on the Selkirk for my workshop stove.
Al

Just an update
The duraliner I ordered on Sept. 9th arrived yesterday. They shipped the round tee instead of the oval one. I called customer service and was not given good news. Anyone know of any good buys on a 4867-O? Now I've got a $2000 stove, $~300.00 of DVL stove pipe and $~1000 of duraliner stacked in my living room and lack the very first part that I ordered.

My friend's DuraVent order just shipped on Monday. The industry is working hard to keep supply up with demand.

I guess I just dumb-lucked out. I used fireplacedeals.com for no other reason than their website accepts Paypal. I hate putting things on a credit card.
That, and the site showed every part I needed for my through-the-wall chimney. I wasn't even aware that some dealers were having a hard time filling orders.
Ignorance is bliss ? lol
I filled my "shopping cart" on Sunday but it doesn't tell you what's in stock so I didn't pull the trigger. I called Monday morning and they (the owner) pulled my list and called me back to confirm that everything was in stock except the roof flashing. Nice, helpful guy.
I completed the online order Monday 10/5 and received a nicely shrink-wrapped pallet at work on Thursday. I had a fire in my stove Saturday afternoon.
I should have made a better effort to use one of this site's sponsors but this deal just happened so easily. Maybe you guys should invite him to advertise ?
I recommend them highly.
Holy smoke ! I just noticed that I hit 100 posts ! Seems like I just got here ! lol

Waited about 3 weeks from some Simpson DVL.

Status
Not open for further replies.