Anyone else see santa early? :)

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JP11

Minister of Fire
May 15, 2011
Central Maine
Dropped a log on the 310 from my pallet forks. I've been planning a 441C-M.

The 310 wasn't worth fixing. Blew a hole in the oil tank when the log hit it.

Oh well. I THOUGHT about going out to the log pile with the headlights on the Kubota.. but the wife already thinks I'm nuts.

JP IMG_0692.JPG

Well guess that's one way to make sure you can have a new toy, destroy the old one! Looks nice.

Nice
Must have some serious wood needing cut.
15 pounds of 5.6 bhp

Nice
Must have some serious wood needing cut.
15 pounds of 5.6 bhp

I'm figuring I've got to cut 10 cord a year. I've got about 15 cord CSS, and abotu 5 cord of 100% red oak not included in that.

Right now... the wood roads are pretty frozen. I'm just twitching back and cutting to 10 foot or so lengths. Piling it up using the forks. I think I'll have to straighten up the stacks by trying out the new saw tomorrow.. then it's out into the woods. I'll save the bucking and splitting for when the snow gets deep.

I saw him on Black Friday when he dropped of this.

Attachments

• 050.JPG
    050.JPG
    134.4 KB · Views: 143
I saw him on Black Friday when he dropped of this.

Awesome
Another serious wood cutter. 14 lbs of 5.3 bhp
With lots of cutters to sharpen :)
Well hung, 28" ?

Nice. :) Now its time to update the Signature ;)

Let us know how you like that 441. I was split on it and the 460. The 460 Won!!!

Santa came early with a little Homelite 5 ton electric splitter.;)

Hmm, I also have pallet forks. Oh, Santa....

LOL.

I really WANTED to keep the 310 as a backup saw. When I first did it... I looked from the tractor and said. Oh well, new handle.

Upon further review.. the handle mounted to a spot just below the oil tank.. and I hand torn that holder out. Figured I could replace that whole side.

Realized at the dealers when I had it on the counter... it was pretty much integral. He said over 300 bucks to fix it. Just not worth it.

JP

Nice new toy JP. Have fun with it. That one will tire your arms out a little quicker I think.

Awesome
Another serious wood cutter. 14 lbs of 5.3 bhp
With lots of cutters to sharpen :)
Well hung, 28" ?

Yes that's a 28" bar in the picture. However, it wears a 20" bar for day to day work.

JP11, good luck with the new saw.

JP11, good luck with the new saw.
Starts super easy. Runs great. Doesn't want to idle once it's hot. Not sure if that's a function of the "break in"mode or not. Says it runs different the first 5 to 15 tanks of fuel. It goes thru the fuel FAST. But it goes thru the wood just as fast. :)

JP

Status
Not open for further replies.