Anyone else thinking of pulling the trigger and buying.......

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I bought 22 tons of Somersets this past fall
burn four tons a year
so I am set for five years
as far as unloading I schedule the delivery for 6 am
they bring the semi to the loading dock at the warehouse
and I have the warehouse guy unload them and
stack them in two nice even rows.
thinking about pulling the trigger and getting another load this spring
if the price is right

slvrblkk said:
doublewide said:
I love how everyone is just stopping by and picking up a ton here and there. I carried a ton of pellets into my basement by the bilco door last weekend and it took me like 2 days to recover. So what's the trick to getting the pellets unloaded without killing yourself. By the way, the look on my wife's face was priceless when she looked at my truck and asked, "do you think you bought enough?"

lol...I was a Lowes today and they had a "returned" Englander 49-SHCPM on a dolly...as I was looking at it a worker came over and asked if I wanted it...I said if it's half that price I'll take it right home(was listed at $2000 and change)...he said I'll give it to you for $1700....I want to get their Evolution stove but seriously thought about it...then said naaaaa. When I came home and told the wife she said if I would have bought the stove, she would have killed me....except I think she really meant it by the look in her eyes.....
$1700 is a good price for a new one. I have a refurbished one and I love it. My home is a toasty 72 degrees right now with an outside temp of 29 and a low tonight of 24. I got a pellet/corn stove for my wife....it was a good trade. :gulp:

Indy3 said:
slvrblkk said:
doublewide said:
I love how everyone is just stopping by and picking up a ton here and there. I carried a ton of pellets into my basement by the bilco door last weekend and it took me like 2 days to recover. So what's the trick to getting the pellets unloaded without killing yourself. By the way, the look on my wife's face was priceless when she looked at my truck and asked, "do you think you bought enough?"

lol...I was a Lowes today and they had a "returned" Englander 49-SHCPM on a dolly...as I was looking at it a worker came over and asked if I wanted it...I said if it's half that price I'll take it right home(was listed at $2000 and change)...he said I'll give it to you for $1700....I want to get their Evolution stove but seriously thought about it...then said naaaaa. When I came home and told the wife she said if I would have bought the stove, she would have killed me....except I think she really meant it by the look in her eyes.....
$1700 is a good price for a new one. I have a refurbished one and I love it. My home is a toasty 72 degrees right now with an outside temp of 29 and a low tonight of 24. I got a pellet/corn stove for my wife....it was a good trade. :gulp:

imacman.... has one and he loves his but I kind of got my heart set on the 25-ep...I'll tell you what though, if he would have said $1100 (I'm just cheap!) or so, it probably would have went home with me! I'd like to get one off of the am/fm guy on ebay.....I believe Mike from Englander personally does all of the refurbs so you can't go wrong.....

slvrblkk said:
Indy3 said:
slvrblkk said:
doublewide said:

imacman.... has one and he loves his but I kind of got my heart set on the 25-ep...I'll tell you what though, if he would have said $1100 (I'm just cheap!) or so, it probably would have went home with me! I'd like to get one off of the am/fm guy on ebay.....I believe Mike from Englander personally does all of the refurbs so you can't go wrong.....
That's where I got mine from. Simply fantastic. My propane force air furnace is just collecting dust.

if I keep the pallet wrapped, does anyone see any issue with keeping them stacked outside for the summer?

Status
Not open for further replies.