Anyone else waiting on a new Woodstock?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mryank9

Dec 2, 2013
Greater New Haven, CT
Ordered a new Woodstock Keystone about 6 weeks ago and was originally going to be ready end of October, but now it's end of November! Had my liner swept and inspected a couple days ago and getting anxious to get the new stove in and burning! Anyone else waiting like me?

I want to order one but I'm waiting for the building department to approve my building plans first. Then I'm gonna order one.

I heard a three month waiting period from order to getting the stove... Sounds about right.

Post pictures once you get it.

I lucked out and got a refurbed Palladian last winter. Those things came and went like crazy - people were waiting in line if I cancelled.

The new Ideal Steel has overwhelmed production up there. It probably will be a while. I was lucky I ordered mine in May.

I'll bet there are some happy stove-making elves getting nice bonuses!

Reactions: Lakeside
It's worth the wait. >> The 'stone will astound you with the long shoulder burns, yet it should heat your space as well or better than the 2461 when it gets cold (although the Dw is a little more convective in nature.) Within sight of the stove, you'll feel the radiant heat warming your bones. I'll be patiently waiting for pics and burn reports... ==c

It's worth the wait. >> The 'stone will astound you with the long shoulder burns, yet it should heat your space as well or better than the 2461 when it gets cold (although the Dw is a little more convective in nature.) Within sight of the stove, you'll feel the radiant heat warming your bones. I'll be patiently waiting for pics and burn reports... ==c

Definitely! From everything I've heard I'm getting very excited to get it burning

I was lucky I ordered mine in May.
We ordered ours the week they went on sale, and arranged delivery the first week of October. Got the IS up and burning and it is worth the wait.

Good luck and I hope they come in soon. I would be sad without my early season fires. They make the coming of winter enjoyable.

Running a new Keystone now - bought in May on sale. Interesting animal. Definitely not your father's wood stove. So far, so good. Have to keep an eye on it with really dry wood - easy to over fire. The nature of stone: slow to heat, slow to cool. Kind of like a small-scale masonry heater. Not entirely sold on it, but it's efficient and reasonably easy to manage. Not quite as hands off as I'd like. The Woodstock people 2nd to none.

That is why I went with the Ideal Steel. Closer to what I am used to, but still a top notch heating product from a top notch company. The IS is much better than older stove. Once you figure out where you need to be at to run, it is set it and forget it once you get into active cat range. Love it.

Running a new Keystone now -Have to keep an eye on it with really dry wood - easy to over fire.
Huh, I never have a problem with dry wood on my 16' liner. How tall is your chimney? Small splits? The Keystone is set-and-forget here...

Huh, I never have a problem with dry wood on my 16' liner. How tall is your chimney? Small splits? The Keystone is set-and-forget here...
25' Chimney, new insulated heavy SS liner - good draft. Split size no matter - if I fill the fire box it's possible for it to run away. I can close the draft all the way and shut the fire down, but it's nasty like that. Even a little air and it can get feisty. My really dry wood is four-year-old 11% moisture internal - pretty dry, maybe too dry. I have a lot of 18%ish too so not a prob really. Have to make smaller fires.

25' Chimney, new insulated heavy SS liner - good draft. Split size no matter - if I fill the fire box it's possible for it to run away. I can close the draft all the way and shut the fire down, but it's nasty like that. Even a little air and it can get feisty. My really dry wood is four-year-old 11% moisture internal - pretty dry, maybe too dry. I have a lot of 18%ish too so not a prob really. Have to make smaller fires.
I burn a lot of sub-18% wood, no problem. 25' is pretty tall; Maybe try installing a stack damper to tame it down a bit.

Wonder what I'm in for - just installed a Palladian with a 25 foot 6" liner. I have not loaded it up yet, but the first 3 break in fires seemed very controlled.Wood is seasoned 3+ years top covered.

Prolly just operator break in - using bigger chunks, getting the hang of it. Kind of hard to judge what's what when the weather is still so warm too.

Wonder what I'm in for - just installed a Palladian with a 25 foot 6" liner. I have not loaded it up yet, but the first 3 break in fires seemed very controlled.Wood is seasoned 3+ years top covered.
The reason my Keystone is on the bench right now is because I need to fix an air leak at the left front vertical seam. I was aware of it shortly after I got the stove but it has gotten more pronounced to the point where it wants to run about 500, even with the air cut. I doubt it happens very often that a stove with a defect is shipped but I imagine that on a 25' stack with no pipe damper, it could really want to run. The stove is an easy-breather to begin with...

Damn, another delay. Still waiting for their cast iron to come in. Looking like end of the year now!

I feel your pain. I did not even know there was cast iron in the IS. I'm surprised it's that much of a delay - end of year.

WS must not be happy either.

So, you ordered beginning of September, and you're getting pushed back to year end? It's not looking good for me either, apparently. I was supposed to have mine already--they told me end of first week of November.

I have to say, for all the legendary customer service at Woodstock, I'm not getting much communication about the stove I've been expecting and for which I paid a deposit. It's not as if I was counting on it for winter heat. I was told it might be the week of thanksgiving when I inquired, but no one has said "after the holidays" if that's what they're actually doing.

Right..ordered first week of Sept and they told me end of Oct. I called mid Oct and they said there was a delay, expect it late November. Got an email today saying by the end of the year!

I ordered my Ideal Steel Hybrid on the Nov. 18th and received a due date of "late December, but probably after the new year" ...so hard to wait with the temps we've been getting here lately! But wait I will, because there is nothing I'd rather have!

#Singlemomplanningforthefuture

#Welcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.