Anyone else waiting on a new Woodstock?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The stove might be damaged. For starters, I would be looking for cracks in the base around the grate. And for ash crud buildup behind the ashpan making it so that the ashpan door can't close tightly.

Update: On Dec. 23 I got an email from Woodstock "When is a good day for you to pick up?" I called and said, "How about right now?" So I hopped into my Pick'emup truck and 3 hours later I was there. Picked it up, 3 hours back, an unload with me & my sweetie into the living room, time for sleep. Next day raise, then lower into the hearth. Fire up, cat engage then off to the family for Christmas. Now back, did a cold house start. Here's my evaluation so far. I've owned a lot of stoves. This is amazing. Just getting to know it, but, unless you have one, this is different altogether. Drop it down? Well guess what? The cat seems to kick in even more. It eats smoke. I am beyond happy with it right now. As one person said it's basically boring to operate. I can see that because the flames, for hours, are consistent. I just may be a believer.

Good to hear there is Progress with the Progress. Looking forward to the progress report, with pictures.

Update: On Dec. 23 I got an email from Woodstock "When is a good day for you to pick up?" I called and said, "How about right now?" So I hopped into my Pick'emup truck and 3 hours later I was there. Picked it up, 3 hours back, an unload with me & my sweetie into the living room, time for sleep. Next day raise, then lower into the hearth. Fire up, cat engage then off to the family for Christmas. Now back, did a cold house start. Here's my evaluation so far. I've owned a lot of stoves. This is amazing. Just getting to know it, but, unless you have one, this is different altogether. Drop it down? Well guess what? The cat seems to kick in even more. It eats smoke. I am beyond happy with it right now. As one person said it's basically boring to operate. I can see that because the flames, for hours, are consistent. I just may be a believer.
Congratulations, and it just keeps getting better. Prepare yourself for a long happy relationship. :) Feed her good dry wood and you will enjoy tons of heat and nice long burn times. Very clean burning, easy to control, and she sips wood. And, if you ever have any questions or problems, do not hesitate to contact Woodstock. Their customer service is an industry leader - they are super friendly and very responsive. Their goal is to make all Woodstock stove owners very happy with their stoves.

Last edited:
I can hear the missus in the background. "That thing is huge."

Rails.jpg Ratchet straps.jpg First fire.jpgHow a guy and his sweetie move a 700 lb stove from truck bed to hearth with the help of block and tackle, ratchet straps and butchers wax.

Reactions: wildcatbb
Congratulations, and it just keeps getting better. Prepare yourself for a long happy relationship. :) Feed her good dry wood and you will enjoy tons of heat and nice long burn times. Very clean burning, easy to control, and she sips wood. And, if you ever have any questions or problems, do not hesitate to contact Woodstock. Their customer service is an industry leader - they are super friendly and very responsive. Their goal is to make all Woodstock stove owners very happy with their stoves.
It's weird, as a stove owner my whole life, this is SO different, it's such a mind bender. I look at a dark bed of ash with a few glowing coals and the temp reads 300. An hour later, the same thing. It's a whole new world!

Reactions: Jo191145
I'm just hoping I get my Keystone soon! Ordered and put a deposit down the first week of September. Patiently (or impatiently at this point) waiting

Good to know...I hadn't seen that post! I can certainly wait until the end of the week for half off shipping

For all those folks still waiting, thank god this winter has been a lot milder then last winter. Your patience will be rewarded !

I could not be happier with this stove. Today, since we let it cool down I looked at the catalytic and the upper chamber. Just a small amount of fine ash dust. For those who are waiting, it's all good. Its worth the wait. 20 degrees out. 72 in. VERY old leaky house.

Gave them a call today, still no updates. I called a couple weeks ago and they said they had half of the parts in, and the remaining should be coming in the next week or two. Looking like I'll be getting free shipping in February! In the mean time, thank god oil prices are so low

Still waiting over here! They said they hope to be back to building at full production by this week or next...hopefully will have it before winter is over!

I have a Palladian (sister stove to the Keystone). I love that stove. Definitely worth the wait.

Last edited:
It's worth every day of the wait! I absolutely loooove mine! It's a monster of a stove. My progress is an early model and I've yet to have any issues with the exception of the original screen, then they sent me the updated screen with a different mount and it's now warped and not doing much...I hear they've axed the screens altogether. Top notch company with a top notch product. It will definataly spoil you, as it has me! I just bought a "giant" steel stove for my shop and it is in no way, shape or form the heater that the progress is, but it also only cost a third of the price ! Be patient, do it once and never look back. I'd say I'll be buying another Woodstock stove in the next couple years and unloading the "cheaper" stove I just spent months contemplating on buying instead of the ideal steel.

I just heard a great expression that applies here;

"I'm not wealthy enough to but cheap things"

Reactions: wildcatbb
We too were waiting on a Keystone. Back in early January they offered us a Fireview, since they were able to make those first. We haven't regretted the switch; the stove has been awesome. Definitely worth the wait.

ill be picking up my new ideal steel on sat. I ordered it in dec/jan and i didnt think i would get it for this heating season, good thing we are having a long winter!!

I'm glad to hear they are starting to catch up.

Status
Not open for further replies.