Anyone elses wife tease them about this forum?!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

orangecrushcj7

Feeling the Heat
Jun 30, 2008
Barre MA
Whenever my wife sees me on this forum, she's always like "Oh, you and that forum!" or something similar. :) I usually answer with, "There's plenty of other stuff I could look at on the internet, so if you'd rather I....." ;) And at least I learn something on here too, unlike her Facebook. :)

I know this is mostly a guy dominated forum, but I am sure it works both ways for all the gals on here.

I hear ya! same here. Ahhh Face book, Shutter fly and the food channel, I love my Basement PC, Gonna look for a used pellet stove next spring for the basement....

Damn!!! I thought I was the only one being nagged from my wife about the forum. Glad I'm not alone and we all share the same interests.

Luckily my wife has been in school so she's busy studying. She's now is in her final semester so I'm sure when she has more time to notice what I'm doing she'll be busting my beans about it.

Just:
Oh how are your friends doing? Anything new??

rap69ri busting your beans or busting your pellets? Garrrr

pelletizer said:
rap69ri busting your beans or busting your pellets? Garrrr

I guess it would be pellets. The beans are already gone ;-)

Obsessed! is what I hear; also busting-em on me because I'm constantly checking the temps around the house :)

ha! i have thermometers all over the house too! i am always looking to see the temps too!

Not since I got our first pellet stove for free and thanks to this forum getting it up and running for me for free as well. Now its all we heat with:) My wife is really cool though anyway so she doesnt care what forums Im on...I am on a few for my archery habit also....

To funny I just made a multi room temp check and stove check minutes ago. Current outside temp is 24.6 here in Nottingham NH

I check temps all over the house too but nobody
busting my pellets over frequenting the forum. :)

My hubby thought I was crazy when I wanted to install a pellet stove a few years ago.
He didn't want one, but I got my way (usually do eventually ;-) )

He still pesters me now and then about taking temps and watching pellet prices, but he
doesn't say much about me being on the forum anymore becuz he spends so much time with
his own hobbies. He knew I was serious about pellet burning after I sold my motorcycle to
make more room for pellets.

Wait till he finds out I am thinking about adding another small stove in the spring :lol:

kast said:
Obsessed! is what I hear; also busting-em on me because I'm constantly checking the temps around the house :)

same here, wife thinks i am obsessed. And I am still hearing about the temp and humidity thermometer i bought.

My wife also gives me a hard time about visiting the forums but she gives me a hard time about everything I do lol.

Yes ,my wife says what are the pellet people up to today?

BXpellet said:

LMAO the pellet people!!!!! AHAhaa

This is an informative and entertaining site all rolled up into one. Facebook and Myspace are the root of evil and should be eliminated from the interweb. My wife figured out in 1995 when I build my first PC that a hardware freak was created and just gave up. She loves playing Team Fortress 2 and loves it when I upgrade her PC. The moral to the story is get them involved and it make it much easier on both of you not to mention upgrades. :eek:]

Anytime my wife gives me grief about anything to do with pellets, pellet stoves and learning about same....all I have to say to her is..."Getting too warm for you in here???? Perhaps I should shut it off and let you try to get it going" That shuts her up real quick.

ROFL! I'm with you Tink! Hubby thought I was nuts! "What kind of stove?!?" He's nice and warm, he's saving money, and he can barely turn the thing on so he doesn't give me any grief about being on the forum. The time I spend playing computer games is a whole nother issue... ;-)

Pellet People! LOL! I LIKE it! Pellet Pig People! :cheese:

BXpellet said:

That's so funny!
Like we are from the land of misfit toys or something. :lol:

pelletizer said:
To funny I just made a multi room temp check and stove check minutes ago. Current outside temp is 24.6 here in Nottingham NH
i have a wireless system i can tell the temps from 6 locations without leaving the couch!

smokinj said:
pelletizer said:
i have a wireless system i can tell the temps from 6 locations without leaving the couch!

Hey smokinj, I have a relative from Anderson visiting and she says there aren't many pellet stoves in the area. Is this correct? I was surprised because it gets cold in Indy.

orangecrushcj7 said:
Whenever my wife sees me on this forum, she's always like "Oh, you and that forum!" or something similar. :) I usually answer with, "There's plenty of other stuff I could look at on the internet, so if you'd rather I....." ;) And at least I learn something on here too, unlike her Facebook. :)

I know this is mostly a guy dominated forum, but I am sure it works both ways for all the gals on here.

Not when its cold out and shes has warm bare feet

WarmInNH said:
smokinj said:
pelletizer said:

Hey smokinj, I have a relative from Anderson visiting and she says there aren't many pellet stoves in the area. Is this correct? I was surprised because it gets cold in Indy.
Corn burners where in for a while but with the new e85 makes corn to much and the supply of pellets 4.99 to 5.99 a bag, I would think that wood is very easy to get around here 100.00 a cord and free if you will work. That keeps the pellets more than most will pay

Status
Not open for further replies.