1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

Anyone ever been to Turks and Caicos?

Post in 'DIY and General non-hearth advice' started by Lousyweather, Aug 14, 2012.

1. Lousyweather

Lousyweather Guest

Planning my next trip to the Caribbean with the significant other, and, given the wide range of folks who frequent these places, can anyone lend any insight? Went to Anegada this year, was nice and quiet, but the food was lacking (not all that varied, everything having had to be ferried over from Tortola).....will say the beaches were beautiful, snorkeling was nice (nice, not great)......

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. vinny11950

vinny11950 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Eastern Long Island, NY
    From the Google images, it looks great.

I went to the Dominican Republic a few years back and it was good. I like to travel from city to city with the locals. I guess it depends how you like to spend your time, in an all inclusive resort or with the locals mixing it up.

Can't beat the waters, so blue and warm, with long shallow stretches.
  3. Lousyweather

Lousyweather Guest

well, did an all-inclusive once, and came to the conclusion that since I dont drink, it was somewhat of a waste for us. And agreed, would rather do the same as you....'cept I usually rent a car and travel around that way.....thanks for the reply
  4. vinny11950

vinny11950 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Eastern Long Island, NY
    let us know if you do go, as i might want to go myself.

good luck and thanks.
  5. Lousyweather

Lousyweather Guest

oh, Im going...already booked the rooms, got the tickets, rented the car......for next March!
  6. Gary_602z

Gary_602z Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Lake Odessa,MI
    Got to stay a week on Peter Island about 20 years ago. Wife won the trip from work,flew down on one of the corporate jets all expenses paid even extra money to cover the income taxes on it . Beautiful area!

Gary
  7. BrotherBart

BrotherBart Hearth.com LLC Mid-Atlantic Division Staff Member

Loc:
    Northern Virginia
    We used to go to the U.S. Virgin Islands every year. I used to rent a motorcycle since they drive on the wrong side of the road there even though the steering wheel is on the left like here. At least I was on the right side of the motorcycle.
    Lousyweather likes this.