Anyone ever been to Turks and Caicos?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
L

Lousyweather

Planning my next trip to the Caribbean with the significant other, and, given the wide range of folks who frequent these places, can anyone lend any insight? Went to Anegada this year, was nice and quiet, but the food was lacking (not all that varied, everything having had to be ferried over from Tortola).....will say the beaches were beautiful, snorkeling was nice (nice, not great)......

From the Google images, it looks great.

I went to the Dominican Republic a few years back and it was good. I like to travel from city to city with the locals. I guess it depends how you like to spend your time, in an all inclusive resort or with the locals mixing it up.

Can't beat the waters, so blue and warm, with long shallow stretches.

well, did an all-inclusive once, and came to the conclusion that since I dont drink, it was somewhat of a waste for us. And agreed, would rather do the same as you....'cept I usually rent a car and travel around that way.....thanks for the reply

let us know if you do go, as i might want to go myself.

good luck and thanks.

Got to stay a week on Peter Island about 20 years ago. Wife won the trip from work,flew down on one of the corporate jets all expenses paid even extra money to cover the income taxes on it . Beautiful area!

Gary

We used to go to the U.S. Virgin Islands every year. I used to rent a motorcycle since they drive on the wrong side of the road there even though the steering wheel is on the left like here. At least I was on the right side of the motorcycle.

Reactions: Lousyweather
Status
Not open for further replies.