Anyone ever find stones or rocks in the ashes?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

shortmillie

Nov 15, 2011
Kentucky
I've had my wood stove for about 6 weeks now and every once in a while I find a small stone in the ashes......
just curious where they come from. I'm burning mostly white and pin oak, if that makes a difference, and try to keep stove temperature around 500 degrees.

Attachments

• DSCN3427.jpg
    DSCN3427.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 359
Thanks BeGreen!
I missed that thread. The knowledge on this site never ceases to amaze me!

Probably but I don't shift through my ashed. Shovel it out every month or so, dump in pail and outside it goes.

I usually get those clinkers when I let the ash build up and add wood .. I mentioned this a while back and Jake thought I should find diamonds in there lol.. A combination or heat and pressure over time creates those "diamonds" and oh yeah they are definitely in the rough..

;-)

Ray

I think it looks like bone fragments. Is there something you aren't telling us here?

Hush now, Brother Bart. My ex-husband is a clunker not a clinker!
Plus, I'd hate to soil my pretty new Jotul....

Welcome. A new member of Dasisterhood here. You are gonna fit right in.

Paging Eileen

Call in the lobby for The Dixie Eyed Hustle

Clinkers . . . isn't that what Santa leaves in the firebox for all the girls and boys who have been naughty during the year? ;) :)

Status
Not open for further replies.