Anyone ever heard of a Blue Ridge Mountain Works Model F160A insert?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ke4rzi

Nov 28, 2008
Down the road from Saturn
I've been using a Buckstove fireplace insert and it's one of the older ones before EPA rating. I do wish this one put out more heat and I'm kind of in the market for a newer EPA approved stove that does not have a catalytic converter on it. The other day I was listening to my local swap shop radio program and someone had an insert and when I called and got the name and model I've been unable to locate any information on the manufacturer or model. If anyone knows anything about this brand and model I'd greatly appreciate it. Thanks

Ben

ke4rzi said:
I've been using a Buckstove fireplace insert and it's one of the older ones before EPA rating. I do wish this one put out more heat and I'm kind of in the market for a newer EPA approved stove that does not have a catalytic converter on it. The other day I was listening to my local swap shop radio program and someone had an insert and when I called and got the name and model I've been unable to locate any information on the manufacturer or model. If anyone knows anything about this brand and model I'd greatly appreciate it. Thanks

Ben

I did a bit of poking around and someone had posted that Blue Ridge Stoves went out of business 20 years ago. Searching for 'Blue Ridge Stove' will bring up some stove shops selling parts.

DP

Status
Not open for further replies.