1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Anyone ever use this ebay vendor for S.S. chimney liner, or have a recommendation?

Post in 'The Hearth Room - Wood Stoves and Fireplaces' started by Hogwildz, Nov 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hogwildz

Hogwildz Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Next to nuke plant Berwick, PA.
    I have seen in other threads that many of you have used ebay for chimney liner purchases. I was wondering if any of you fine folks have used this one:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/6-X-25-Stainles...hZ019QQcategoryZ20598QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItem
    If not, do any of you remember who you used? Of course only want to see the good ones :). I'll pass on the vendors you had not so good experiences with.
    I have seen at the stove shop, there is a heavier one that the ribs are wider & it appears smoother inside, and then the other type that has smaller higher ribs and honestly that one felt really flimsy. I think the thick ribbed smoother one I saw was Ventinox? Anyone familiar with them?
    Thanks oh wise ones!

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. recppd

recppd New Member

Loc:
    North Shore, MA
    I bought mine on Ebay from Royal Distributors, but they are under a new name now. VERY similar to this kit, including the same style cap. It's in it's third season and works like a charm. I'm guessing a lot of sellers on Ebay resell, or repackage, the same liner kits. Mine came in a brown hexagon box vs. the white one pictured. I think you'll find they're all going to be roughly the same quality (on Ebay).
  3. kd460

kd460 Feeling the Heat

I have ordered from this company (not an ebay purchase). It was not a liner, but chimney related. Very fast shipment, great communication, product was as described. Based on my experience, I would buy from him again. KD
  4. Hogwildz

Hogwildz Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Next to nuke plant Berwick, PA.
    Thanks for the info guys. Have a great weekend.
  5. daldrich

daldrich New Member

I also bought the 6"x20' kit from him a few weeks ago off of eBay. No snags in the transaction. It was the best price after shopping around locally by a wide margin.

-d
  6. z-man

z-man New Member

We bought a 6" x 35' 316Ti kit from him as well and it was perfect. Shipped quick in a large round box, installer thought it looked like an unbeliabable deal compared to what I was quoted at a few of the shops around here. Saved about 500 bucks.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.