Anyone familiar with a taco 5000-2 Mixing valve

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Seasoned Oak

Minister of Fire
Oct 17, 2008
Eastern Central PA
I have this model and i cant seem to find replacement parts for it. Im guessing its abou 10 years old
I get no results even on the taco site. It looks exactly like some of the current models but the part # is slightly different. Im going to try to email taco for information.

I have a model 5000-2 mixing valve and need replacement elements for it ,taco claims the part # i need is 5002-006RP . I cant find any vendor that offers this part,even online. I use these things often in my business so i want a valve thats servicable. Might try the honeywell next time as i see they offer kits to change out the element.
Seems thay only last so many years then the element dies. Its a pain in the a-- to change out the whole valve not to mention the expense when you could just change the element.

I did find an almost exact match ,a Cash acme valve so i swapped out the valve body without unsoldering the sweat on 1/2 " copper fittings that connect it to the plumbing. THe valve body is identical So i still have the Taco valve and if i can find that part # ill put it back in service, part of the problem is probably cuz its made in austrailia.

Status
Not open for further replies.