Anyone familiar with FABCO?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Holy_Smoke

Nov 14, 2007
Idaho
Hey everybody, new to the site, found you all by doing some google searching for a woodstove that I have in the home that bought.

Its actually an insert that goes into the exisiting fireplace. It was manufactured by FABCO a company that is no longer in biz here in Boise, ID.

What I am trying to figure out is what the knob toward the top of the stove does. It can be pulled out or pushed in. When I do either, it doesnt seem to affect the fire. There is also a knob at the bottom that slides back and forth that dampens the fire and controls the amount of air let into the stove.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

Can you send a photo so we all can look. Top knob could be a shaker or cleaner.

You bet! I'll send them in the a.m.!

Talked with my dad, he seems to think it has to do something with the baffle inside allowing secondary gasses to be exited slower.

The knob on top is a baffle control, engage only after you have a bed of coals established. The draft control slide is calibrated with nubers 0 - 7 with 0 being minimum opening. Hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.