Anyone familiar with the Oregon chain M72LPX?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bogydave

Minister of Fire
Dec 4, 2009
So Cent ALASKA
Ran across a blurb on Oregon Multicut chain:
OR - M72LPX saw chain.jpg

The M72 (&73,75)LPX is suposed to be a good chisel chain for cutting in dirty conditons.
Haven't had any luck so far, (online) finding an Oregon dealer selling it.

May try stopping in to the local Oregon dealer after Christmas & see if it's special order chain.
At least see how expensive it is.

Where us there an Oregon dealer around here? I've seen their junk sold at Walmart and home deport, along with the Husqvarna and Pooland "saws"

Sounds kinda like Stihl chain to me. A C

Where us there an Oregon dealer around here? I've seen their junk sold at Walmart and home deport, along with the Husqvarna and Pooland "saws"

3 Dealers in the valley :)
2 in the Wasilla area, 1 in Palmer.
I did an online search .
or delr.jpg

Sounds kinda like Stihl chain to me. A C

Was thinking the same thing "similar" to Stihl, but wondered if it was better at holding an edge.
Using a Stihl now, made it thru the year but almost worn (filed) down to the angle marks.
I'll keep searching ;)

They are all "dealers", much like Andy's Ace in Los Anchorage is a Stihl "dealer" Guy I work with bought a saw from them, they just handed it over. No chain, no fuel in it, not tuned, didn't get shown how to start it. I put in a complaint with the Stihl HQ and the Ace ended up giving my buddy a refund on it.

3 Dealers in the valley :)
2 in the Wasilla area, 1 in Palmer.
I did an online search .
View attachment 86166

Close ups of the cutters would be great.
I agree .
Do you happen to have a close up picture of the cutters?
I assume they are similar to the LGX, LPX but chrome plated.
I'm still looking to find a source that I could buy one to try it.
Have yet to find anyone who has them for sale.
I sometimes have dirty logs from skidding them.
I read this at the bottom of the description of the Oregon LGX or LPX & have started looking :
OR - M72LPX saw chain-1.jpg

Maybe they buy some Stihl RS cutters & put them on Oregon chains.
LPX is a chisel chain, same as LGX but has a safety hump like/similar to the RS3

One would think that if you were designing a cutter for dirty wood, it would be Carbide or at least semi-chisel. I still think you should find some Stihl RM/RMC for those skidded logs Dave.

They are all "dealers", much like Andy's Ace in Los Anchorage is a Stihl "dealer" Guy I work with bought a saw from them, they just handed it over. No chain, no fuel in it, not tuned, didn't get shown how to start it. I put in a complaint with the Stihl HQ and the Ace ended up giving my buddy a refund on it.

Did he get to keep the saw? Not only are dealers required to prep the saw prior to sale, they must also have a trained technician on staff to service what they sell.

Found a source, $46 for the 20" Multicut. Expensive place in Ohio. ($28 for a regular 20"LPX )
Searched M72LPX072G. May just keep buying stihl chains :)
M72LPX072g, chain-jp.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.