Anyone get outside today?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AnalogKid

Burning Hunk
Oct 22, 2012
CT
Had a couple hours to kill before Turkey Time so I decided to go outside and work up an appetite. Had some Locust that had come down back during Sandy that I still had never got to. Some was in a pretty difficult place to get at......I had to drag out with my truck. Bucked probably enough to net a 1/3 cord or so. Now I need to get it split here shortly.

I forgot to take a picture of the wood but I got a few of my old Chevy all flexed out....

sedanumu.jpg

a9yma4yg.jpg

qe9y2amy.jpg

Reactions: Backwoods Savage
No, but I can appreciate someone getting out. I kept having the conversation in my mind about how much grief I would get if I went to the wood pile and split. Today was a great day and now I kind of wish I had.

I went to the local HS football game with my kids and then to my moms for dinner, thats all I got outdoors today.
I envy you getting exercise before dinner today, I wish I had done something more

I worked, but was lucky enough to come home and carve the turkey and be with the family....

I guess enough time has gone by after that Broncos "collapse" Sunday that you can safely work with chainsaws again....<> :confused: That was really bad, but what can we do-just get ready for the Chiefs and blame the bad weather and injuries ==c

Reactions: AnalogKid
I guess enough time has gone by after that Broncos "collapse" Sunday that you can safely work with chainsaws again....<> :confused: That was really bad, but what can we do-just get ready for the Chiefs and blame the bad weather and injuries ==c

Ugh, that was so horrible. So not surprising though. There have been some epic Bronco collapses over the past couple decades, (Baltimore last year!). SD beating KC was the only saving grace. Need to take KC this week and get back in a zone.

Ugh, that was so horrible. So not surprising though. There have been some epic Bronco collapses over the past couple decades, (Baltimore last year!). SD beating KC was the only saving grace. Need to take KC this week and get back in a zone.
May the best team win.... That should be another great game.....
Go JETS......:(

Didn't get any outside work done, nor inside.....but a few things planned for tomorrow with a little of it stacking some of the scraps left from splitting that didn't make the grade for my stacks (wood starting to get punky), but mostly inside getting the place ready for the painter to get to work on the Living Room, Dining Room, and hallways.....then after that, meeting with the Kitchen Designer to order new Cabinets (Wife's Xmas gift):)

Hunted yesterday AM and came back to a button buck in the yard behind the shed lol...let him slide for next year.

And we enjoyed having 8 does in the yard yesterday. Some must have stayed around because when I stepped out on the porch for some wood last night I could hear them running off.

Reactions: osagebow
burn barrel going at the moment:)

IMG_0264.gif

Got the rest of the red oak I snagged last weekend stacked
almost at 384 cu ft for next year.

Reactions: AnalogKid
This is how I spent my "Black Friday". Best deal of the day is blue sky's, fresh crisp air, future heat and a few cold ones once it gets too dark to stack!

Friday.JPG

Worked all Turkey day gearing up for whats to come winter wise. I envy you guys on the coast with good weather. We have 18" of snow on the ground right now. It's not unusual for this time of year but unexpected this year with the warm fall we had.

Outside of cooking I haven't done squat.

But I saved a hundred percent on Black Friday stuff. Didn't buy a thing.

Yup, was stringing Christmas lights. More fun later tonight.

Aww crap, I was busy splitting Ash and getting the snowblower on the tractor, don't remind me of the Christmas lights. Ugh. I thought I was doing good until now! LOL

C
You missed some really good fights:

Could we expect anything less than this at Walmart! They drop the prices and the gloves come off too!

Status
Not open for further replies.