Anyone getting sick of winter yet? ...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Same here. I'm happy to see spring arrive but having to make a new fire every day is a PIA.

I do most, if not all, of my wood cutting in the spring. Try to get it all cut split and stacked before the end of May. But yes, cutting in the fall is enjoyable too. As long as its not too warm and the bugs aren't bugging you !

Why do you have to make a new fire every day?

I start a new fire everyday,well some days my wife starts it.
No PITA factor with our boiler.
At -40 we could go 11 hrs off storage.
Thomas

Winter has been great, with a good mix of cold and snow, with the exception of the 37cm(15") of snow on last Friday. Things had been drying out nicely and it looked like a nice spring was on its way. This will put things back a couple of weeks, but other than Bit%h about it what can ya do??

I've been impressed with the boiler so far, but now will need to re-adjust the burns for the warmer temps between now and the end of April, when the solar will completely take over the space and DHW heating needs.

Status
Not open for further replies.