Anyone good at Math?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

doublewide

Jun 14, 2010
Eastern PA
I got my new shop pellet stove, but not hooked up yet. It is really cold out there today 30*
Just wondering how long it should take to heat up the shop, it's 476sqft and 9 foot ceilings. For arguments sake lets say the outdoor temp stays the same, stove runs on high at 38,000 BTU. Roughly, how long would it take to heat the space to 70* How do you calculate this?

insulated ?

I say 75 miles an hour.

Calculate? Heck no! I'd hook the stove up and crank it with something to time how long it took to get to 70::F Drink some brews while I'm waitin too! :p
I tried that but forget what I was doing.

Reactions: will711
Calculate? Heck no! I'd hook the stove up and crank it with something to time how long it took to get to 70::F Drink some brews while I'm waitin too! :p

Beers=measurement of time....I'm thinkin 2 maybe 3.

My somewhat legitimate answer is 2 hours for the air to reach your target temp....and assuming it's around 30F inside the shop.

Reactions: P38X2
How do you calculate this?​
This one's child's play.....
It's simple. Just sart the stove and look at your watch and notate the time that the stove starts. Keep an eye on the thermometer and when the stove gets your shop up to 70 degrees, take another look at your watch and notate the time. Then, subtract the first time from the second and this will tell you how long it takes to bring the room up to temperature. All the while, you can ogle your new stove and watch that pretty flame dance like J-Lo while sipping your favorite brew. Have at it!

Reactions: P38X2 and SwineFlue
Here I am thinking I am being original....That'll teach me to not read all posts before posting. Duh!

Reactions: 5654684 and will711
just what he said and if you forget the time then let it get back down to 30 and do it again and again and again then fall down sleep and start again

Reactions: will711
Actually, to ge it from 30 degrees up to 70 degrees, it would likely only take about 3 Guinness....(or 8 Coors Lights!)

Status
Not open for further replies.