I tried roasting a pig over charcoal and wood over labor day with mixed results. The skin got mostly black and burned rather than brown and crispy. Most of my friends(including me) like to eat the skin when it gets crispy. Most of it on this one was too burned to eat though. What is the ideal temp to roast at? I had the top of a barrel style charcoal grill over it to hold some heat in. walls where cement block. I think it was the wood that burned the skin, even though no flames actually touched the pig.