1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Anyone have a laxative?

Post in 'The Pellet Mill - Pellet and Multifuel Stoves' started by Phil Do's fire., Feb 5, 2013.

1. Phil Do's fire.

Phil Do's fire. Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Hyde Park, NY
    Picked up a bag of Warm Front pellets by NEWP at my local farm & Garden. OMG, plugged up my stove a half a bag later !!!. Heavy ash and had to blast free the burn pot;ex I have been using Somersets, tried some Powerhouse, Greene Golds and even CHOW and had no issues :p , need a good laxative to clear this stuff out ;lol

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. Lousyweather

Lousyweather Guest

coffee....good strong black, brewed-at-home coffee. Drop a nail in it....if the nail floats, its almost strong enough. And dont wimp out and put the froofy sugar and cream in it.......
  3. midfielder

midfielder Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    NH
    What were you thinkin'?
  4. SmokeyTheBear

SmokeyTheBear Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Standish, ME
    This is a job for both RotoRooter and leaf blower treatments the laxative just won't do the job.
  5. CT Pellet

CT Pellet Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Torrington, CT
    That's a funny post.
  6. glenc0322

glenc0322 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    long Island NY
    You can always use it as cat litter. Or horse bedding if you have those animals
  7. tjnamtiw

tjnamtiw Minister of Fire

Loc:
    North Georgia
    I'm with you LW!!!! On my trips to France, I always looked forward to the big cups of the strongest, freaking coffee imaginable. Just like you described it. Hell NO, never put cream and sugar in it unless you're a wimpy little boy. :) That's also the way it was served in the Navy. I roast my own beans and have a nice Jura Capressa to brew it the way I want it.

'Laxative' leaves this discussion prime for going down hill FAST! You want a laxative, just listen to an Obama 'recital', not a speech since he locks up without the teleprompter. That will give you instant sheeeets.
    nate379 and ScotL like this.
  8. imacman

imacman Guest

Well, I see "ash can" written all over this thread now. You said something bad about the dicktator-in-charge.
    nate379, ScotL, PJPellet and 3 others like this.
  9. Bioburner

Bioburner Minister of Fire

Loc:
    West central Mn
    Executive order extrodinaire!?
    tjnamtiw likes this.
  10. tjnamtiw

Loc:
    North Georgia
    Gotta stab when the stabbing is good. :p
  11. Bioburner

Loc:
    West central Mn
    Can't pass the right way, will do it his way!Sounds like a ad for a laxative doesn't it?
  12. subsailor

subsailor Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Winthrop, Maine
    Nothing like submarine coffee once the pot has gone a month without cleaning. Couldn't drink the stuff when the pot got cleaned.==c
  13. Bioburner

Loc:
    West central Mn
    Man there is so many bad Navy jokes but I may have to go back to a little island that the navy like to use a target practise I won't risk embelishment.
  14. earl764

earl764 Member

Loc:
    CT
    I'll take'em. My stove likes newp's.
  15. Phil Do's fire.

Loc:
    Hyde Park, NY
    Well now that my poor stove has finally chomped up the last of the warm fronts, I tried the strong french brew with nails :p and after couple of trips to the can and all is with my stove again==c
    Defiant likes this.
  16. Lousyweather

Lousyweather Guest

oh, not cleaning the coffeepot is key, swabby! clean it and your coffee loses its individualism. Then it takes weeks, maybe months to rebuild that back up.......my gf got in trouble for cleaning mine once. I use a simple Mr Coffee, but recently got a French Press that Im trying out....weirdly, its a different coffee......

as for sugar and cream? c'mon! if its good coffee, you shouldnt need to mask the flavor with that unhealthy stuff......now, if you buy your coffee from a local coffee house that just waves a bean over the hot water to make coffee (stupidly weak), its time to man up and try it black!>>
  17. gbreda

gbreda Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Lakes Region, NH
    Once you go black you..., oops wrong forum ;em
  18. tjnamtiw

Loc:
    North Georgia
    One of the Hawaiian chain, I presume. Although I left many thousands of rounds of .45 ACP's in the jungles of Guam shooting up 'obsolete' ammo. While drinking San Miguel, of course!
  19. tjnamtiw

Loc:
    North Georgia
    French Press makes GREAT COFFEE! I have a couple of antique vacuum coffee pots and they make excellent coffee too, as long as you use enough coffee.
  20. Defiant

Defiant Vermont Castings Geek

Loc:
    Old Lyme CT
    What model stove are you sending that chit through?:cool:
  21. Phil Do's fire.

Loc:
    Hyde Park, NY
    A Palazzetti Ecofire Prima, a.k.a Italian stallion;)