Anyone have a line on custom thickness firebricks?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

D. Hermit

Feeling the Heat
Nov 21, 2020
NeK Vermont
Need to find or get made firebricks for my Waterford 100 OSA, they are thinner than a standard brick (about 3/4-7/8” thick)

Need to find or get made firebricks for my Waterford 100 OSA, they are thinner than a standard brick (about 3/4-7/8” thick)
I have cast panels for waterford's before. They aren't complicated so the forms are easy. Cast able refractory cement isn't cheap but you could do it yourself

I have cast panels for waterford's before. They aren't complicated so the forms are easy. Cast able refractory cement isn't cheap but you could do it yourself
How did you cast panels? Like the burn plates for the non OSA 100b? Or bricks?

How did you cast panels? Like the burn plates for the non OSA 100b? Or bricks?
I cast side panels for a few. I don't remember what models. But casting them is a whole lot easier than trying to cut them down in thickness

I cast side panels for a few. I don't remember what models. But casting them is a whole lot easier than trying to cut them down in thickness
Hmm you got any links on how to cast bricks? I might try it, never done it.

Hmm you got any links on how to cast bricks? I might try it, never done it.
Just make a form put some form release in it and pour in the refractory cement

Yeah, casting does sound easiest.

I'm sure they'd hold up, but casting does sound easier, especially if you didn't have the saw.