Anyone have any info about the heat storage from New Horizon

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Burn-1

Feeling the Heat
Jul 13, 2006
Lakes Region, NH
I noticed that New Horizon has a 490 gallon heat storage tank listed on their website now and it looks pressurized. I'm guessing it's a contract domestic manufacture since 490 gallons doesn't equate to any meaningful round amount of liters and it would appear to fit most door frames. I'll probably give them a call later but was wondering if anyone might otherwise be familiar with it.

$1,900 plus shipping. Not too bad. More storage is obviously better but for a smaller boiler it looks like a pretty good deal.

This seems to be the first of it's kind for sale. That's probably what Tarm has in mind soon.

I believe it's insulated. I like the shape and size.

gene from ecoheatonline , is selling a pressure tank , I think near 700 gal . it comes in three pieces so you can get it in basement, also double layer insulation and I think he said near $ 3000 ??. I dont remember all the info but it still beats the open sts tanks.

Windy Ridge is selling a similar size and shape pressurized tank for their Kaukora downdraft boilers but I think it's about $3,400.

I had been looking at some of these tanks from Poland but the fall of the dollar and the increased cost of fuel haven't done any favors.

Status
Not open for further replies.