Anyone have any info on a New Yorker 200 wood boiler?...any help would be greatly appreciated!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ladyfire

Jan 17, 2008
Nova Scotia
I can get my hands on a New Yorker 200 hot water wood boiler that is only 9 years old for $1150.00 firm...they are $3800.00 new in Nova Scotia...anyone have any info on this type/name of boiler? It's in really great shape...the guy was asking $1400.00. My home is 2200 sq ft on the first 2 levels (the third story is heated by a pellet stove), 2 1/2 storeys, fairly well insulated (attic only) and we have cast iron radiators. We are planning on hooking this boiler up to our hw oil boiler (Newmac high efficiency furnace-5 yrs old) and the New Yorker would be a main source of heat for our home. Any advice/info/suggestions would be greatly appreciated! There is a an actual pic of the furnace attached....there is slight surface rust on the front of the door, due to sitting in an unheated garage for the past 6 months, but this can be cleaned up relatively easily. Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• newyorker200.jpg
    newyorker200.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 1,651
Status
Not open for further replies.