Anyone have experience with Juniata pellets?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

staplebox

Jan 2, 2008
Eastern CT
A CT company has the Juniata (by Energex) pellets on early season sale for $205. That's tempting, but I don't want to get stuck with a few tons of duds. A search of this site only turned up only one hit - without a comment on quality. Anyone?

My friend burned them this past year in his stove. I"m not sure what stove he has. He said they produced a lot of ash. He's buying them again this year because they are $160/ton and the next cheapest is $189/ton, so they must not be too bad or he wouldn't be using them again. He says he can put up with the little extra maintenance for the money savings.

Status
Not open for further replies.