1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

Anyone have experience with Selkirk tee's and joint sealing.

Post in 'The Pellet Mill - Pellet and Multifuel Stoves' started by jtakeman, Dec 9, 2012.

1. jtakeman

jtakeman Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Northwestern CT.
    Bummer on 2 counts. Selkirk doesn't have any pipe that will extend the stove adapter, Plus While doing the math I would need to relocate the hole in the side of the shack. Looks like I'll have to go with the BioVent setup. That is within an inch of the PVP dimensions~

I need some feed back on the BioVent venting if anyone has some experiance. Hoping I don't need to start a new thread?.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. mepellet

mepellet Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Central ME
    That stinks. That's crazy that they don't have any section of vent for you that won't work. Oh well.

Just curious why you would have to relocate the hole through the wall. I'm sure you already saw the telescoping pieces.
  3. jtakeman

Loc:
    Northwestern CT.
    No I missed that one. I was doing the math with the solid pieces. Back to the drawing board. Your right about the sticker shock! Holy chit the Mrs. is gonna prohibit any new toys for a long long longggggg time! ;em
  4. smoke show

smoke show Guest

wth? are you a noob? so why can u put the adapter on the a 12" section of vp?
  5. jtakeman

Loc:
    Northwestern CT.
    I was told by Selkirk that it won't work and the inner tube of the VP isn't multifuel rated(different material). Also no double tee either! There words not mine.

A nood to selkirk is about all. Got all I can handle keepin up with pellets and other chit that turns me on. This bro is a freekin chore, I would rather be fishin or sometin! :p :mad:
    smoke show likes this.
  6. jtakeman

Loc:
    Northwestern CT.
    Looks like I can save a few bucks with BioVent. I get the double tee(easier to clean my beast) and I still have enough for a few brewskis to pay myself! Hey I don't works for free ya know! ;hm
    smoke show likes this.
  7. smoke show

smoke show Guest

Have a few for me too!!
    jtakeman likes this.
  8. nailed_nailer

nailed_nailer Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Cape Cod, Ma
    Jay keep Dynamite Buys.com in mind for pricing.
    Gave me a great deal.
    Call for best $$$
    ---Nailer---
  9. imacman

imacman Guest

Yep, he knows about them.....I sent him the link.

I try to get anything I can from Eric at Kinsman, but a couple times he just didn't have the piece I needed, and Dynamite Buys is a real good company to deal with. One part they sent me got bent, and they shipped another one out immediately, no questions asked.......didn't need the bent one back, or even a pic of the bent part.
  10. UMainah

UMainah Member

Loc:
    Bangor, ME
    Just an fyi, but ICC EXCELPellet Vent is rated for multifuel.
    http://www.icc-rsf.com/en/excelpellet-1
  11. nailed_nailer

nailed_nailer Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Cape Cod, Ma
    Good to know Pete
    Never had order from Eric. Keep him in mind.

DB was great to deal with.
    Happy customer.
    ---Nailer---