Anyone have experiene with this PEX Pipe?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mpilihp

Feeling the Heat
Apr 22, 2008
Coastal ME
Looking for a reasonably priced 1" PEX and I came across this:

http://www.blueridgecompany.com/radiant/hydronic/453/rht-radiant-pex-b

RHT Radiant PEX Pipe

First it comes in 100ft rolls and second a 300ft roll is $238 compared to ThermoPEX at pexsupply.com same lenght for $380 .

Im leaning toward the RHT because of the price and I only need about 50ft

Phil

It's Pex-B tubing Not necessarily bad, but not as robust as Pex-A or Pex-C..........

There is some concern (no proof though) that the cross-linking could come undone since it's done via heat when the pex is made... And.... Well.. We hydronic people seem to like to put heat to our Pex! :)

For a radiant system that shouldn't see hi temps, it'd probably be fine.... Me, I went with the ThermaPex because it's a good quality Pex-A tubing, made in Sweden, same as Wirsboro.... You can even use the Wirsboro expander fittings with it.

Just my $.02

This is the stuff available on Ebay. I just got 600' and it's fine. My Viega Fostapex fittings fit just fine - bottom line is that it meets ASTM standards so don't worry.

thanks guys, still weighing my options. 1" PEX is very expensive and I dont need alot so dont want to buy 300ft of it in any brand. This type b stuff I can get in 100ft quantity

Phil

Status
Not open for further replies.