Anyone here have a 55-TRPEPI?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jdempsey

Feeling the Heat
Aug 21, 2011
kentucky
Thinking about maybe getting one of these units to go upstairs. Currently have gas logs in the fireplace. They are never used.

I do not hear alot about these stoves, be it the freestanding or insert types.

Quite a few people have the 25-EP's (freestanding). At least a couple regulars. GrahaminVa is one of them. He has a very nice set-up. Seems to be a good stove. Bay Window looks beautiful.

Looking for a 2nd stove, eh??

Here is a link to a thread showing Grahams. Its a Freestanding 25-EP, but the stove is the same. Just not inside a fireplace.

https://www.hearth.com/econtent/index.php/forums/viewthread/88284/

Thanks dex. I forgot about graham having one. Nice setup with the hearth and all.

You have any experience with inserts? I assume they are more headache to clean, Having to be pulled out and all? Do some have rollers to make that job a bit easier?

Yea, I have no quarrels with my stove. I have run 1 ton though it so far and she is still burning strong. Pretty easy to clean and has a decent size ash pan but not as big as your CPM.

I plan on doing full tear down cleaning this weekend using the leaf blower.

It has two little annoyances.

1. The hopper design not the greatest so about 5-10lbs will remain in the hopper if you don't open it up and push the pellet in the middle.
2. The room fan jumps to max automatically sometimes when running on the upper end of the heat range. This is triggered by the thermal sensor telling the computer its getting to hot. I have been working with Mike H on this trying to figure it out.

GrahamInVa said:
Yea, I have no quarrels with my stove. I have run 1 ton though it so far and she is still burning strong. Pretty easy to clean and has a decent size ash pan but not as big as your CPM.

1. The hopper design not the greatest so about 5-10lbs will remain in the hopper if you don't open it up and push the pellet in the middle.
2. The room fan jumps to max automatically sometimes when running on the upper end of the heat range. This is triggered by the thermal sensor telling the computer its getting to hot. I have been working with Mike H on this trying to figure it out.
Thanks for the information. So how loud is this unit? I see yours has no logset. I do not like the logs. I guess they are quite simple to remove?

jdempsey said:
GrahamInVa said:

Thanks for the information. So how loud is this unit? I see yours has no logset. I do not like the logs. I guess they are quite simple to remove?

The log set just sits in there. It's makes it easy to clean with it removed. It's not overly loud.

I will record a video tonight and post it.

Im gonna guess and say that the auger, convection blower, and combustion blower, are all the same parts from the CPM. (Same company/Same generation stove)

The dynamics of the heat exchange system may make it sound different.

Again... Its a guess. But seems logical.

Thanks Graham for posting the vids. I can hear the difference, Does not sound that loud unless its turned up all the way.

Oh.....Almost forgot i tried a couple more bags of natures heat today. They were alot better than the last ones i tried with the 2009 date code. If they were guaranteed to burn at least this good i would buy a ton at a decent price. Still sooty and a bit more ash. But was really surprised.

I found a few pellets in the bag that were almost 4 inches long (looked like a broken pencil) the rest average an inch and a half.

Status
Not open for further replies.