Anyone In central Ct have a truck and need some wood ?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Enzo's Dad

Feeling the Heat
Dec 16, 2013
Canton, CT
I have been reading how alot of Ct members are having a hard time finding wood. For anyone on this forum I have some free rounds if you want to come take them.

After the tree company took down my two big ashes I have too much wood. I already have 6 cords. The stuff i recently took down is ash. I started splitting and MM has most of it at 19%-21% the tree was pretty dead. I still have another 20 ash to take down, i will run out of room soon. I would be offering rounds. The split stuff is mine...Im not crazy

Last edited:
No such thing as too much wood. That's nice of you to offer it for free, if I was a little closer I'd take you up on the offer, I love ash.

I would love to come by and grab some. I live in Burlington. PM me with the details.

Unbelievable how difficult it is to buy wood.

Thanks.

Currently have no way of moving that! Would be nice though

Im in fairfield - where a chord can easiky cost over $250 split and bo one will sell you logs. That said im good for thus year but if yiu run out of room let me know and ill run up with my neighbor.

This stuff is dead, and will not keep for 3 years. Like I said I have about 6 cords. Another 1-2 for me out of this pile, and alot of trees that are coming down in the spring.

If you are in CT and want free wood, on I84 between exits 16&17 they have dropped every single tree on both sides and in the center median. We are talking unbelievable amounts of beautiful wood. I have seen several guys out there with their trucks and saws grabbing some.

They are doing nothing but chipping it into the woods. Work is being done by private contractor. Go get it.

Very nice offer. You are a long way but my nephew just moved and needs wood at his new house. What size is it? Any issues?

I'm in Bristol and know of 2 other wood burners. Def interested

I have someone comming tommorow i will let you know what is left

Reactions: JTRock
Status
Not open for further replies.