anyone installed louvered doors in their house?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

pur pony

Nov 1, 2011
Eastern CT
Just got my pellet insert installed and am loving it.... The heat comes rushing up the stairs and heats my upstair bedrooms well.... however, i have 2 small children and like to keep their bedroom doors closed to keep light and noise out.

I was looking around and found some interior doors that match what i have in my house (6 panel) but I can order them with the lower panels being louvered. Im thinking this would be nice to allow heat to still enter their rooms but have the doors closed.....

anyone else replace standard doors with louvered doors to allow heat to travel?

That's one of my projects for this fall. Our [small] bedroom closet gets nice and toasty because it's next to our chimney. I wanted to get some of that heat into the rest of the bedroom, so I picked up a second-hand louvered door that's roughly the same size as the existing one. I just need to paint it white and hang it. I may need to trim it a bit first - I forget if it's the exact same size or not since I got it back in the early spring.

I was somewhat surprised how hard it was to find louvered doors. I had been looking for months at our local ReStore - the Habitat for Humanity second-hand store.

Status
Not open for further replies.