Anyone know a good online ICC stove pipe dealer?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

schweinhundert

Sep 5, 2010
urantia
Assuming they are even carried by non-storefront outfits, of course. Just looking for a good price on some. Used to use obadiah's for duratech, but I can see ICC is far better.
I guess any shop who'd ship and gives a good price would do to.
Thanks

schweinhundert said:
Assuming they are even carried by non-storefront outfits, of course. Just looking for a good price on some. Used to use obadiah's for duratech, but I can see ICC is far better.
I guess any shop who'd ship and gives a good price would do to.
Thanks

Give Obadiahs a call, I'm sure they can get you most any brand you seek. Or at least point you in the right direction. Especially if you've been a past customer. I know they've helped me a lot. :)

Obadiahs is really nice to deal with, they always pick up the phone and if they're too busy they flat out say so and offer to call you back. How many places do that versus letting you sit on hold? I'm impressed with 'em.

Also check out ventingpipe.com, they said the free shipping sale was over but they still are giving it out. I only know 'cause I'm about 4ft short on my chimney install (doh, it was entirely my fault) and they just gave me free shipping on the duravent.

I had some old Metal Fab chimney parts that I received in a trade once that I was trying to piece together a chimney to give to a young couple that were building a house. I called up Obadiahs and they went out of their way to help me find the correct parts for a great price.

Wish we could carry ICC (Excel) Chimney, good stuff... we used to provide it and Super Pro Chimney, to the chimney pros and builders we supply, but someone complained that we were selling it online, even though we never actually sold it that way. It was pretty much special request or special applications only.
I understand the manufactures reasoning and respect it, so we stopped selling it. Sorry, if I could, I would. Maybe someday they'll understand it's not the selling online that is the problem, it's who you set up as dealers that is what really matters over the long run. Hopefully we'll win their respect at some point and be able to offer it on a limited bases to those who want the best.

If you do find it online, they are in direct violation of the manufactures policies of how the product is to be sold. Our understanding at the time we carried it (we still had our Libby store) We could sell it through our store only, no online sales period.

Good luck with your install, sorry we could not be of more help.

Status
Not open for further replies.