Anyone know anything about a Solo 647

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

efoyt

Sep 18, 2008
Maine
Hi, I have a Solo 647 that doesn't work. Worked for a little while after I bought it at a lawn sale but then I couldn't get it started, my wife's co worker tried to fix it ( not a chainsaw mechanic but works on small engines a lot I guess). He had no luck, he replaced the diofram in the carburetor but it didn't work. He also couldn't figure out what was wrong, he said it wasn't getting gas but didn't know why. I don't think he thought anything major was wrong, it didn't seize up or anything. Anyway is it worth bringing this to a chainsaw repairman or should I just junk it.

Will it run if you squirt a little mix in the carb? If yes and the carb is clean/adjusted properly, it is likely one or more of the following: a clogged fuel filter, a cracked fuel line, or a cracked impulse line.

The person that i gave a shot at fixing it tried all the usual suspects, lines , carb, ect ect. It is past my knowledge to start or fix it. I was just wondering if this saw was worth paying a professional to get fixed? I don't know much about Solo's.

I have a 42cc Huscavarna ( home not professional from lows). And I want to use the solo as a yard saw to extend the life of the Huscavarna.

Status
Not open for further replies.