Anyone know how to change a Burnpot gasket ?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 24, 2013
PA
I have a Harman Accentra fs pellet stove. Flames are coming around the sides ( outside ) of the burnpot ! When it is very cold and the fire is a raging one... if it is a smaller flame it seems to stay contained in the burnpot...
A dealer said that the gasket probably needs to be replaced ... Unfortunately he can't do it until late spring.
We use our pellet stove as our only heating source and do not want to risk damage to it by not changing gasket in a timely manner...
I purchased the gasket but it does not have any instructions... Called Harman tech support.... lets just politely say that is a waste of time... one suggestion was to Google it... I did that before I called him ... I can not find any schematics of the Accentra that show behind the burn pot assembly... specifically how & where the ignitor is and how ( and where it needs to be disconnected from ) to change the gasket.
Wondering if this is a complex job or can someone who has already replaced the distribution blower on this Harman do it themselves ?
Any and all help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks Mary
The 2nd link gave me some good info ;-)
I still have questions though
Do you have to disconnect the ignitor wires in the back of the stove and then snake them through to get it back in place or can you remove the ignitor from the front of the stove since I do not need to replace the ignitor ... my ignitor is working fine I just need to replace the gasket ( does it have connections/ connectors in the burn pot ? )

Proceed, as if you were replacing the ignitor, just with a used one (the original?)

"In the back of the stove you will see two wires going into a rubber gasket, red or black high temp silicone will be around that gasket also. That is were the ignitor is connected.

Pull the gasket out of the hole, unscrew the two wing nuts on the front of the burn pot. Then unscrew the two 1/4 screws that are also in the front of the burn pot, they hold the ignitor in place.

with the ignitor loose, pull the wires from the back of the stove and unplug the old ignitor and replace

put the new wire in the front of the burnpot. Using a stiff wire, from the back of the stove push the wire into the gasket hole untill it comes out the front of the burnpot and attach the wires to the stiff wire by using electrical tape and pull the stiff wire throughthe back of the stove.

The stiff wire will help guide the limp ignitor wires through the small gasket hole then rescrew all screws and reseal rubber gasket."

Status
Not open for further replies.