Anyone know how to read Breckwell Serial Numbers?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

doublewide

Jun 14, 2010
Eastern PA
I bought a used stove and was told that it was about a 2003, but I wanted to make sure.

Here is the number on the hopper lid wh98-11055

I have seen some similar posts, but don't know the answer.

I was happy to see William from Breckwell on this site, and I know that Eric from Kinsman stoves sells Breckwell, so I'm figuring someone will know the answer. Thanks in advance.

when u find out let me know,hows that 2000fs? OH do u have an analog board or digital on ur stove that u didnt change urself?

mtalea said:
when u find out let me know,hows that 2000fs? OH do u have an analog board or digital on ur stove that u didnt change urself?

I like the stove a whole lot. I have it installed in the basement and it heats that nice. It also allows the furnace not to run nearly as much. I don't burn all the time because of the dryness in the house. I have been burning stove chow and really like the heat it throws off. The stove has a digital board and no thermostat. I just installed a humidifier into my furnace unit, so that should help with the dry air. The stove is great, but if it were my only source of heat it would be too much work for me to enjoy. So for supplemental heat it works out great, and if I am too lazy to light it I can just turn up the thermostat on my heat pump.

Ok I believe according to Breckwells website the digital board didnt get used til 2003, they have a 1998 1999 version with analog board and seemed to not make a 2000fs again til 03'

I am thinking about buying a 2000fs for 450.00 with analog board,but owner says it will need a board soon...still perplexed on whether or not to get it. My p29fs is working ok, but limited parts available for it.So I thought about getting the 2000 so I could have a model that can be fixed with ease and support as no one knows much of this stove on here and breckwell doesnt offer help for a discontinued stove. Read my poll again..as u posted on it

Thanks
matt

mtalea said:
Ok I believe according to Breckwells website the digital board didnt get used til 2003, they have a 1998 1999 version with analog board and seemed to not make a 2000fs again til 03'
wh98-11055
My guess is November 05, 2005 but I don't know

mtalea said:
I am thinking about buying a 2000fs for 450.00 with analog board,but owner says it will need a board soon...still perplexed on whether or not to get it. My p29fs is working ok, but limited parts available for it.So I thought about getting the 2000 so I could have a model that can be fixed with ease and support as no one knows much of this stove on here and breckwell doesnt offer help for a discontinued stove. Read my poll again..as u posted on it

Thanks
matt

Matt,

I would run what you got until it is dead. If and when you can't get any parts then it is time to move on. I would not buy a used stove with an analogue board. Wait a few years and get a newer used stove with a digital board and thermostat. Perhaps a Harman, Quad, Enviro, or a Breckwell. Also, if you do decide to sell your stove, wait until you find a new one first and sell your old stove in November when people or thinking about heating their homes. Good luck.

some good advice,I hate to miss a deal thou

This post is quickly slipping away any one from Breckwell around, or anyone else know how to read the serial numbers?

No not slipping away,and you may be right about it being an 05' but at very least it is an 03' ,did you call breckwell? they will help you on that.

Status
Not open for further replies.