ANYONE KNOW HOW VC SAND HAS CHANGED OVER THE YEARS?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeinMadison

Aug 20, 2006
Thanks for any help!

I'd like to put a 6" collar on our Sand enamel VC Defiant Encore, but have heard that the color might be off because Sand (Biscuit) has changed over the years. Anyone know how off they would likely be? The stove is about 20 years old.

Thanks!

Mike after 20 years of heat treatment even the same color will look different. I would say using today's or new sand color
flue collar will be a sdade or two different. But what one to do?

Don't try to match it. Pick a complementary color...like Green? And go with it.

Mike said:
Thanks for any help!

I'd like to put a 6" collar on our Sand enamel VC Defiant Encore, but have heard that the color might be off because Sand (Biscuit) has changed over the years. Anyone know how off they would likely be? The stove is about 20 years old.

Thanks!

I think I have one in stock. Yes, the sand color has changed a little. It used to more Cream colored. Now, more grayish. But as Elk said, the color has likely shifted anyway. If you can't find the collar local give me a call and I can UPS it.

Sean

Status
Not open for further replies.