Anyone know if a 660 will keep me warm at night?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I

ISeeDeadBTUs

While picking up Greenies for the dawg, I noticed they had a 660 on display last night. All the other Stihls - up through the 441 - had the prices marked on them. The 660 did not ;-) I'm wondering if with no one buying stuff, they might bargain with me. The problem is, I think I will be sleeping outside if I come home with it

Saws are like guns they look the same.

If they aren't asking 4 digits, I would be very surprised.
But john gave a great tip.
Chad

Guns and saws are cold companions, a pint of whisky on the other hand though......

WoodButcher

ISeeDeadBTUs said:
While picking up Greenies for the dawg, I noticed they had a 660 on display last night. All the other Stihls - up through the 441 - had the prices marked on them. The 660 did not ;-) I'm wondering if with no one buying stuff, they might bargain with me. The problem is, I think I will be sleeping outside if I come home with it
Yes a 660 will keep you warm on the coldest of nights!

Oh sure. it'll keep you warm at night, and in the daytime when ya pick it up and use it. And if you use it wrong it'll break bones! But that baby will cut like nothing else I've ever used. I do believe it would be a $1k+ event these days as mine ran $750 and that was a loooooooong time ago. Do it! You only go this way once:)

Coug

Status
Not open for further replies.