Anyone know of someone who works on the Osburn stoves in the area of Waterville or Fairfield area

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dobie daddy

Apr 12, 2008
wisconsin
Pegg53

I have 2 of the osburns 35 inserts. Our stoves work great for us. Sorry to hear about the problems and the clowns who couldn't repair it. If you have a rattling
sound it could be one of the motors, the fans or possiby the hopper lid. A little more info as to when you hear the noise or when the noise starts would be helpful.
So far I have replaced 1 convection fan and the exhaust/intake blower. I serviced the stoves myself as I brought them at a 100 over dealer cost.
They agreed to supply the parts but no service, which is not a big deal as I am a maintenance electrician.,

Hello we bought a Osburn stove last March burnt 2 tons last winter went to start it up for the season and had a rattle sound .Stove is loud enough as it is then add rattle on top of that so decided to call the dealer we bought it from was told they get $40.00 a hour plus gas. The dealer is about 20 minutes away. I didnt mind the $40.00 a hour but what got me was the $40.00 for the gas and on top of that couldnt find out what was making the noise go figure .Was told by dealer that is what they get when I ask the guy who was here fixing the stove how come so much for travel he said that is what he gets meaning the dealer. After they left I called the dealer and told him I was not happy about the travel time or gas he said they dont work for me they can charge anything they want funny thing is the men were driving the dealers company truck..This stove from the begining has been a paint in my butt. No one offered on how to clean the stove has been all by trail and error. The manual only gives you basic and I mean basic instructions on how to clean it.In my opinon this stove is junk .2 Tons of pellets and problems already for $2600.00 not worth it for me. I have seen the cheap $1200.00 stoves run for at least 3 years and no problems So if you are thinking about buying a pellet stove please make sure you buy it local for you dont have that added expensive and make sure they have a person that will work on it in the area so you dont get burnt like i did. I would like to find someone in my area so if I do come across any other problems I won't have that added expensive and maybe they will know what is wrong with it.In theses tough times I understand that people have to make a living but I just spent $110.00 and Noise is still there Oil is looking better all the time. Thanks for any help you can provide me

I'd suggest calling the manufacturer, the dealer and the Better Biz Bureau. Somebody that knows this brand will probably jump in with other ideas. Best of luck

Pegg53 said:
Hello we bought a Osburn stove last March burnt 2 tons last winter went to start it up for the season and had a rattle sound .Stove is loud enough as it is then add rattle on top of that so decided to call the dealer we bought it from was told they get $40.00 a hour plus gas. The dealer is about 20 minutes away. I didnt mind the $40.00 a hour but what got me was the $40.00 for the gas and on top of that couldnt find out what was making the noise go figure .Was told by dealer that is what they get when I ask the guy who was here fixing the stove how come so much for travel he said that is what he gets meaning the dealer. After they left I called the dealer and told him I was not happy about the travel time or gas he said they dont work for me they can charge anything they want funny thing is the men were driving the dealers company truck..This stove from the begining has been a paint in my butt. No one offered on how to clean the stove has been all by trail and error. The manual only gives you basic and I mean basic instructions on how to clean it.In my opinon this stove is junk .2 Tons of pellets and problems already for $2600.00 not worth it for me. I have seen the cheap $1200.00 stoves run for at least 3 years and no problems So if you are thinking about buying a pellet stove please make sure you buy it local for you dont have that added expensive and make sure they have a person that will work on it in the area so you dont get burnt like i did. I would like to find someone in my area so if I do come across any other problems I won't have that added expensive and maybe they will know what is wrong with it.In theses tough times I understand that people have to make a living but I just spent $110.00 and Noise is still there Oil is looking better all the time. Thanks for any help you can provide me
Shouldnt the stove be under warranty? My dealer only charges by the hour for out of warranty work. Dont dealers get reimbursed for service calls under warranty?

Status
Not open for further replies.