Anyone know what AGWAY pellets are?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 1, 2009
I have always used Agway pellets and the work just fine in my stove. I will looking to get more of the same now if I can find out if they are sold under a different name.
Thansk

"Dry Creek" in Orange County, NY

1993WhitfieldQuestOwner said:
I have always used Agway pellets and the work just fine in my stove. I will looking to get more of the same now if I can find out if they are sold under a different name.
Thansk

Agway in Torrington CT was/is selling Bayou pellets in a white bag at 6.99 a bag or 269 a ton early buy for next winter, I wouldn't say they are worth it. They didn't burn as hot as the other pellets I have burned. Out of Premium Pellet Co., Rocky Mountain Pellets Co., Pennington, Fireside Ultra, Bayou they were my least favorite based on the low heat output.

Was your agway selling pellets in a white bag with a picture of a tree on them?

No my bags were a tan color. I have used the for 3 years found them to be good low ash, clean burn..just a few clunkers. I have used Dry Creek with simular results.

I bought a ton from Agway here in PA, I was told they were made by Hamer. Other than being on the small side, they were great pellets are gave off lots of heat.

Status
Not open for further replies.