Anyone Know what brand is in Tractor Supply bags this year??

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Husky

Feeling the Heat
Nov 2, 2014
Rochester, NY
Looking to pick up a tons of pellets to finish off the season since the price has started to come down at all the big box places. So far my options for pellets at $199 are Natures Choice, Green Supreme and TS brand. I have never burned any of these pellets and want to try and get the best brand. Any opinion would be appreciated. Thanks.

If your talking about the blue and white bags I have heard of several different brands depending on location.

Yep depends where you are. Here in SE New England it's been Maine Wood Blends for a couple of years now which burn fine and are hot. Not bad on ash this year either. Oh and to my knowledge we don't get blue bags around these parts. Of course this all says nothing about NY.

Get the 12 digit bar code off the TSC bags in question, then it can be looked up.

Chances are they will be Curran ;sick

Get the 12 digit bar code off the TSC bags in question, then it can be looked up.
Picked up 10 bags to give it a try. The UPC scanned as DryCreek PA wood pellets. White bag with blue letters. The lady at register told me that their supplier this year were Lignetics. I don't think so as the scan identifies them as a DryCreek product. I have tried DryCreek premium last year and they were okay but I see they took over PA pellets this year and claim they are using the same formula as previous owner. I'll know next week how they perform.

Reactions: bogieb
I scanned them twice this season, with Igepir app. Couldnt find any information either time I scanned. Never bought any either.

I scanned them twice this season, with Igepir app. Couldnt find any information either time I scanned. Never bought any either.
I also used Igepir app and got Dry Creek. UPC #711039328002. When I went to their web sight they sell three brands and the info on the bags I bought match the info on their PA Premium pellets.

I just redid my old scan from Dec 11th, Dry Creek popped up. Must have updated at some point?

My local TSC has fiber wood energy which I have seen nothing good about on any reviews. They are not labeled as TSC specials either but have Fiber Wood Energy on the bags.

My local TSC has fiber wood energy which I have seen nothing good about on any reviews. They are not labeled as TSC specials either but have Fiber Wood Energy on the bags.
I've burned 2 bags of the PA pellets and they seem to be burning good. About double the ash of my barefoot pellets but the glass is not getting any dirtier. Hard to tell how hot they are since I am burning on the lowest feed rate and temperature my Harman will go. Stove temp 1 and feed rate 0.5. If all 10 bags stay consistent like this I will be going to buy 5 ton of these for next year. Can't beat the price as I paid $285 a ton for my barefoot pellets this year. I will use the PA pellets for the shoulder season and barefoot for the dead of winter.

Reactions: Peterfield
When I scanned mine it came up as Maine wood pellets, I just picked up a ton in Brentwood nh for 189 for a ton and they said the price might drop again because they still have so many

My 2 ton were Lignetics and in blue/white bag marked hardwood. I have been buying 5 bags at a time here/there and still cheaper than my electric heat. Last to bags of Freedom SUCKED so went to local place up the road to get us through this chilly weather. 4 bags of Kentucky White Lightning and a bag of Lignetics for $34 out the door. They said white lightning the best they carry better be for $7.10 a bag but still cheaper than electric. I think TSC is hit or miss on good pellets

How did the lignetics burn? I went back to my TSC and they have the lignetics and The PA pellets according to the bar codes.

Lignetics burned great in my opinion. Anything beats the electric heat though. As I posted before burning Country Boy White Lightening through the cold spell and I really really like them. They are premium pellets tipping the scale at $7.10 a bag but house is at 73 on #2 setting and it's in the 30's outside. I'd have stove on #3 if burning Lignetics. I will say seems like a lot lower ash on the Country Boys

:mad:I bought 1 ton of the tsc brand 100% hard wood this is local tsc in hamilton ny all i can say twice JUNK JUNK

Status
Not open for further replies.