anyone know what kind of stove this is?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

scott lee

Sep 20, 2015
wv
I traded for this old insert last night. I'm in the process of cleaning it up and painting it. It resembles a buck stove but I'm not sure. Anyone know?
IMG_20150920_155939_983.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Is the fan mounted on the Back?? A Triple wall stove?? That's a Buck.. Other than the door handles that's the same stove I just took out.. Its a Buck or a copy of a Buck.. Air intakes are exact, Shape as well....

Nice, It looks like a collaboration of a Buck & a Fisher, Buck for the Shape, Doors and Fan Vents, Fisher for the Air controls on the door... Nice Job !!

I've been a long time lurker on this site, but figured this is as good a time as any to post.

That is a Squire. I got mine from my parents old house. When they moved the realtor said to get rid of it because it devalued the home by implying it was hard to heat. Pretty great wood stove for being 35 years old. Mine has no problem heating my 2200 square-foot house, but like any old smoke dragon, loves to eat cord wood.

I have mine installed with a cast iron adapter to a full length 6" stainless liner. The 6" liner is a bit undersized but functions safely.

In case you need it, I've attached a photo of the stove testing sticker. A lot of insurers need that info to approve the install, and a lot of older stoves loose that sticker. Like you, when I installed it I couldn't find much information. I've heard they can be great retrofit candidates for secondaries and cats due to the 4 air intake controls, but I didn't want to mess with mine.

Stove Cert.jpg Stove.jpg

I can look at mine when I get home. I've never actually removed mine so I dont know for sure. Other option is to turn it on and see. Air should come from the top and side grill areas, and be pulled in from the bottom. If it feels like it is going the other way, try flipping it over and try again. Mine has a manual on/off and heat activated on/off.

I can look at mine when I get home. I've never actually removed mine so I dont know for sure. Other option is to turn it on and see. Air should come from the top and side grill areas, and be pulled in from the bottom. If it feels like it is going the other way, try flipping it over and try again. Mine has a manual on/off and heat activated on/off.
Fan blade has a set screw. Is your set screw between the motor and fan blade or on the top of the fan. Thanks for your help

I hope these help. I'm not really sure what screw you were looking for. If you need a more detailed picture of something, let me know what and I'll try to grab it. Just ignore all the dust... 20151124_205134.jpg 20151124_205220.jpg 20151124_205327.jpg

Reactions: Squire
I hope these help. I'm not really sure what screw you were looking for. If you need a more detailed picture of something, let me know what and I'll try to grab it. Just ignore all the dust... View attachment 167859 View attachment 167860 View attachment 167861
Thanks for the pictures. The screw goes through the hub on the fan blade and secures the fan to the shaft on the motor. Your pictures show the hub of the fan on the top so this answers my question. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.