Anyone know what kind of woodstove this is???

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hiram Maxim

Minister of Fire
Nov 25, 2007
SE Michigan
My buddy bought a 1100 sq ft cabin in the U.P. of Michigan and he does not know what brand stove this is!

Its a top loader.

What length Logs will it use?

We are going up there in September and would like to know about this stove so I can show him how to use it.

Thats a propane gas stove next to the wood burner.

Thanks guys!!!!

68rcja.jpg

Looks like an Encore Defiant from VC.
It should say on the side. The year made is on the inside on the back.

Looks like a V.C. Intrepid to me
Rusty

1 wood 1 gas, all warmth!

Couldn't tell you about the stove on the left, but the red stove on the right is a catalytic Vermont Castings Intrepid. Definitely EPA certified and definitely a stove I'd like to have.

Thank you everyone!

:)

VC INtrepid w/ a cat..... make sure you teach him about the CAT.

and move the extinguisher.......should be nearest your "always sitting there" spot.... or near bedroom. near the blaze isnt going to help him in a bad situation.

moondoggy said:
VC INtrepid w/ a cat..... make sure you teach him about the CAT.

and move the extinguisher.......should be nearest your "always sitting there" spot.... or near bedroom. near the blaze isnt going to help him in a bad situation.

Good looking out!

What do I need to teach him concerning the Cat??

Thx

Status
Not open for further replies.