Anyone Know Where to Sell 6" Double Wall Stove pipe??

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

trb157

Jul 12, 2006
I have about 30' of double wall insulated stove pipe that was originally part of two exhausts from a hotel that used one of the sets of pipe lines to exhaust kitchen stoves. The other line is apparently unused. It is 6" pipe in 2' sections with some adjustable elbows, with 1" clearance to combustibles. I got the pipe when I thought I was going to need it for my coal stove. Now it is just sitting in my basement collecting dust. I know the stuff isn't cheap to buy so I thought I could sell some and cut someone a break in the process. Where can I do this other than Ebay? I know there is a for sale part of this site but I thought I'd bring it up here. Not even sure what to charge. Thanks

Tim

Tim you have to identify the pipe.IT could be stainless outside alumiun inside ,used for gas appliance venting, but not suitable for wood stove usage. A manufacture and model number would be helpfull plus any UL listings like Class A or HT 2100 Right now besides being double wall nobody, even you, knows what you are attempting to sell. Is it air insulater or solid filled insulated. One also might need the manufactures info to purchase additional elbows or correct termination caps. IS the clearance to combustiables for a gas appliance or wood/ coal. I could never issue a premit till the pipe is correctly identified for the appliccation.

Status
Not open for further replies.