Anyone looking for pallet jacks?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

oldmountvernon

Minister of Fire
Oct 27, 2011
SE Mass
i just bought one in RI the guy has 10 used ones for sale for 85 bucks each. i would put a link but dont know if its allowed. nice to have to keep the pallets in tack and be able to move them around the garage

yes he is , and yes great price. i bought one

The real question is, can you move a pallet with a ton of pellets on it? Most pallet jacks are rated for 2 tons or more. As long as you can push or pull it, they should do it.

jmbones said:
The real question is, can you move a pallet with a ton of pellets on it? Most pallet jacks are rated for 2 tons or more. As long as you can push or pull it, they should do it.

That's the real question I guess.

Now, will the handle fold down or can it be removed? I would need to get it into the back of my Matrix. It would fit as long as I can do something with the handle.

On most normal pallet jacks, I am sure the handle can be removed in some way. It also does sort of "fold" down because that is how you jack it up but most are spring loaded to go back into place. I guess it is possible to have someone hold the handle down and load it up, but it will extend the length of the unit for as long as the handle is as it doesn't "fold" onto itself, it goes down away from the unit towards you.

I just called and the handle cannot be removed and it doesn't really fold down.

I need someone with a truck.

FredDels said:
I just called and the handle cannot be removed and it doesn't really fold down.

I need someone with a truck.

no it dont fold down towards the forks, but it does fold back like if you were pumping it up so if the handle could stick out the back you would be ok

but yes a truck would be best

I don't think having it stick out the back would be too good. I'm only about 20 minutes from Woonsocket, but it would still be a hazard to my car.

FredDels said:
I don't think having it stick out the back would be too good. I'm only about 20 minutes from Woonsocket, but it would still be a hazard to my car.

chain it to the back and pull it , bring the wife to ride on it to steer :)

oldmountvernon said:
FredDels said:

chain it to the back and pull it , bring the wife to ride on it to steer :)

Good idea!! My kids would probably enjoy the ride more and probably do a better job at staying on and steering.

just remember you are handling 2000 lbs the pallet jack will lift it like nothing but you do need a bit of muscle moving it around, not saying you have to be Schwarzenegger but would be difficult for a person without any strength or conditions

oldmountvernon said:
just remember you are handling 2000 lbs the pallet jack will lift it like nothing but you do need a bit of muscle moving it around, not saying you have to be Schwarzenegger but would be difficult for a person without any strength or conditions
it's easier to push than pull .just use your legs not your back... you all will be just fine

And you need a smooth, hard floor. The small rollers don't like uneven surfaces.

1 ton should be easy to move provided you are on a smooth surface. We use pallet jacks everyday at work. Often it's easier to use one vs grabbing a forklift.

A pellet jack? Mine are so small I can hold 'em in my hand... you guys must have some big burnpots!!!

I deliver many tons a year with one. If you have a dirt floor the roll loaded on 3/4 plywood no problem also. Small stones stop the little wheels fairly easy though. $85 is a great price wish I was closer. I payed $225 for one at Harbor freight and that was on sale.

Status
Not open for further replies.