Anyone milling today? Resaw with mini mill.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

smokinj

Minister of Fire
Aug 11, 2008
Anderson, Indiana
17 foot ash on the chopping block.

Without pictures, not sure it happened.... hahaha

I mean, the world was supposed to end yesterday. Can't believe EVERYTHING you read on the interweb.

(then again, your track record speaks for itself...)

Exmasonite said:

I mean, the world was supposed to end yesterday. Can't believe EVERYTHING you read on the interweb.

Lol Makeing a set of cloths line t's will be 4x6 post (ash has a little ash bore damage) Sould look awsome.I now have the slab work done just need to rip them down to 6 wide. Next she will want a brick crap house I am sure. lol

smokinjay said:
Exmasonite said:

Lol Makeing a set of cloths line t's will be 4x6 post (ash has a little ash bore damage) Sould look awsome.I now have the slab work done just need to rip them down to 6 wide. Next she will want a brick crap house I am sure. lol

I've always wanted one of those wood or coal-fired brick pizza ovens in my cramped backyard.Love to see the reaction from the neighbors (in addition to City Council & other pencil-pushers downtown) if I ever started to build it.... :lol:

Thistle said:
smokinjay said:
Exmasonite said:

I've always wanted one of those wood or coal-fired brick pizza ovens in my cramped backyard.Love to see the reaction from the neighbors (in addition to City Council & other pencil-pushers downtown) if I ever started to build it.... :lol:

I now have 2 acres Wooooot Woooot one acre was a rail road that went through the back yard for 125 years. After 4 years working on it the grass is starting to fill in.

Attachments

• aaaaaaa.jpg
    aaaaaaa.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 233
Will mini mill them into beams and the extra will become the T's.

Attachments

• aaaaa.jpg
    aaaaa.jpg
    116.3 KB · Views: 354
*thumbs up* :coolsmile:

Thistle said:
*thumbs up* :coolsmile:

I will run off center and will become 1/4 sawn when done. 4x6 length now is 9 ft six inchs. Measure the gf reach and need 6ft 1 inch tall lines.

smokinjay said:
Next she will want a brick crap house I am sure. lol

Wow... i guess i really need to get an 880. I never knew they could cut through brick. What sorta chain do you have to use? Full or semi-chisel?

LOL

(awesome pics, btw)

smokinjay said:

Smokin it looks good but your wood piles in the back need more wOOd! :vampire:

Zap

zapny said:
smokinjay said:

Smokin it looks good but your wood piles in the back need more wOOd! :vampire:

Zap

4 cords there another 3-4 cords piled that will get split this coming weekend and still need 3 more. Yes very tough winter and spring here. Oh and fighting the eletricman is the man focus.

Looks like this week will be another wet one except for one day up here, so I'll be doing some cleanup in the garage or some chipping out back.

Zap

Exmasonite said:
smokinjay said:

Wow... i guess i really need to get an 880. I never knew they could cut through brick. What sorta chain do you have to use? Full or semi-chisel?

LOL

(awesome pics, btw)

Partner K650 with 12" diamond wheel works for me.Its 17 yrs old now,model has been redesigned & upgraded a few times since them.They've (now under Husqvarna group) made a K1250 model with 120cc/7.8HP powerhead capable of handling 16" wheels for years now,too much for me to carry on a regular basis (about 32lbs) not to mention $$$$

Exmasonite said:
smokinjay said:

LOL

(awesome pics, btw)

carbide lol I wish 350.00! lol but I use 135 drive links 3/8 0.63 full chisel cut at 1 degree's.

hehe... i meant it jokingly but i guess i'd like a little clarification:

DOES anybody cut brick with a chainsaw? I was being sarcastic but am wondering if i'm missing something. Otherwise, we'd better make it clear before some noob wonders onto the site and decides brick trimming with his chainsaw is a good idea.

Exmasonite said:

DOES anybody cut brick with a chainsaw? I was being sarcastic but am wondering if i'm missing something. Otherwise, we'd better make it clear before some noob wonders onto the site and decides brick trimming with his chainsaw is a good idea.

lol Me to. There is a concrete saw that is a stihl 460 converted. Sure it would cut bricks.

smokinjay said:
Exmasonite said:

lol Me to. There is a concrete saw that is a stihl 460 converted. Sure it would cut bricks.

My other baby lol. 17yrs old now,has cut 4" & 5" thick granite,limestone & concrete w/heavy gauge rebar all day long.Hooked up to garden hose,blade stays cooler & no dust clouds.I bought this new,did 2 side jobs for cash after work & 1 weekend,paid it off. :coolgrin:

Partner of Sweden invented the gas cut-off saw,originally designed for rescue work,back in the late 1950's.Now part of the Husqvarna Construction Group,they have a 14" gas saw w/ off-set 'ring' blade that will cut 10" thick,instead of normal 5" like conventional saws.

Here's what I REALLY want - its a bit out of my price range unfortunately.
http://www.contractorstools.com/partner_k950_ring.html

http://www.contractorstools.com/partner_k1250.html

Attachments

• PartnerK650.jpg
    PartnerK650.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 207
Thistle said:
smokinjay said:
Exmasonite said:

My other baby lol. 17yrs old now,has cut 4" & 5" thick granite,limestone & concrete w/heavy gauge rebar all day long.Hooked up to garden hose,blade stays cooler & no dust clouds.I bought this new,did 2 side jobs for cash after work & 1 weekend,paid it off. :coolgrin:

Partner of Sweden invented the gas cut-off saw,originally designed for rescue work,back in the late 1950's.Now part of the Husqvarna Construction Group,they have a 14" gas saw w/ off-set 'ring' blade that will cut 10" thick,instead of normal 5" like conventional saws.

Here's what I REALLY want - its a bit out of my price range unfortunately.
http://www.contractorstools.com/partner_k950_ring.html

http://www.contractorstools.com/partner_k1250.html

That is a HOSS!

Mini Mill with a 192t cutting out beams. 4 inch think ash. Hated the mini mill as a log first cut but as a re-saw too its pretty sweet, and the narrow kerf of the 192t its a nice little set-up.

Attachments

• aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.jpg
    aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.jpg
    191.7 KB · Views: 176
If smokins out of wood then carter is out of pills, lol....

smokinjay said:
Mini Mill with a 192t cutting out beams. 4 inch think ash. Hated the mini mill as a log first cut but as a resaw its pretty sweet and the narrow kerf of the 192t its a nice little set-up.

Just like Will Malloff in that 'bible'. :coolsmile: Gonna try that with me little Echo before long.It has .043 low profile chain also.Be great on stuff thicker than 2 3/8".Thinner stuff I'll keep using the wormdrive Skilsaw & straightedge..

Looks like a trick little set-up Jay. Where did you get the mini mill and what did you pay for it? Looks like the ticket for edging beams. Table saw is great for boards but the bigger beams require four sided milling which can be a PITA.

Thistle said:
smokinjay said:
Mini Mill with a 192t cutting out beams. 4 inch think ash. Hated the mini mill as a log first cut but as a resaw its pretty sweet and the narrow kerf of the 192t its a nice little set-up.

Just like Will Malloff in that 'bible'. :coolsmile: Gonna try that with me little Echo before long.It has .043 low profile chain also.Be great on stuff thicker than 2 3/8".Thinner stuff I'll keep using the wormdrive Skilsaw & straightedge..

Thats the same chain I am running on the 192t...Yep thats in the bible. When I bought the mini I was looking to speed up the process but thats really didnt like it at all for that. I think the best I can do with my porter cable saw is 2 inch. Oh and the cut is pretty clean!

Trundle said:
Looks like a trick little set-up Jay. Where did you get the mini mill and what did you pay for it? Looks like the ticket for edging beams. Table saw is great for boards but the bigger beams require four sided milling which can be a PITA.

Baileys 79.99 bucks. Comes with the gide you just screw it to a 2x6. The 192 is only 35cc so any saw will work.

Status
Not open for further replies.