Anyone order pellets at this site?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
They may not ship to our area.

Site shows:

Our service area is Western Mass, Conn, New York and New Jersey due to the location of our dealers.

IF they do, its a good find.

tinkabranc said:
They may not ship to our area.

Site shows:

Our service area is Western Mass, Conn, New York and New Jersey due to the location of our dealers.

IF they do, its a good find.

Didn't see that. If only Western Mass, the map is a little misleading.

They list a distributor in Stoneham, so maybe they do. However, after looking at the distributor's site, I question that as well.

I'll send them an e-mail.

looks like a good price for me in CT....wonder of the price will be lower in a month or so....

Prices seem very good, and you can pick them up at central depots to cut down on local delivery coss (assuming you have a truck and/or trailer).though I am a fan of pelletsales.com, their delivery prices have gone up quite a bit. competition is a good thing here!

richg said:
Prices seem very good, and you can pick them up at central depots to cut down on local delivery coss (assuming you have a truck and/or trailer).though I am a fan of pelletsales.com, their delivery prices have gone up quite a bit. competition is a good thing here!

yes! I agree! Delivery price for pellet sales.com are way to much for me wanting to think about buying from them....

For people in the CT, MA, RI border, areas like Worcester, ma, Putnam,CT, Western RI. Call Robbins Garden Center in Oxford, Ma. Decent prices and low delivery. Last time I ordered it was 25.00 delivered. I am In Harrisville, RI

Shawn

Hello eveyone:

I am new to the site and I just got installed a Breckwell P23 Insert. I am very happy with the stove. But I have also been checking prices for next winter. For the original person that posted this thread. Did you buy from this dealer or are you still looking around. I will also like to know what price range people expect to pay per Ton during April-May.

Thanks

That is a great price for them, i paid 230 a ton in august and 255 for another ton in January.
Good Find!

I called the distributor in my area Green Depot in Brooklyn NY, And they said "I know that we were put on the web site but we don't have them yet we are suppose to get them in July and he gave me there home office main number, when I called the office the girl had no idea what I was talking about, She took my info and said when the buyer comes in I will ask and call you back" The prices were good for my area unless that changes when it hits the NYC area.

pibe75 said:
Hello eveyone:

I am new to the site and I just got installed a Breckwell P23 Insert. I am very happy with the stove. But I have also been checking prices for next winter. For the original person that posted this thread. Did you buy from this dealer or are you still looking around. I will also like to know what price range people expect to pay per Ton during April-May.

Thanks

I'm just trying to get some feedback about this service. I have not bought from them. I'm not sure I even can. I'm in SE Mass and I'm not sure they deliver to my area. I've sent them an e-mail to see if they offer delivery in my area.

I just called these people (from the website) and their price is that, $205 delivered. They have the new england premium pellets.

Can price be cheaper than this?

That's a very good price for the North East from what I've seen.

geek said:
I just called these people (from the website) and their price is that, $205 delivered. They have the new england premium pellets.

Can price be cheaper than this?

I haven't seen anything close to that, especially delivered and a quality pellet like New England, even off-season.

This is the lowest I have seen for NEWP in quite some time around here.
I called the place twice yesterday to find out about shipping to
the southeastern MA but no answer. I also sent an email as well, but
no response as of yet.

When I do hear, I will post their answer.

I emailed them about delivery to NH and have yet to get a reply.

BXpellet said:
I called the distributor in my area Green Depot in Brooklyn NY, And they said "I know that we were put on the web site but we don't have them yet we are suppose to get them in July and he gave me there home office main number, when I called the office the girl had no idea what I was talking about, She took my info and said when the buyer comes in I will ask and call you back" The prices were good for my area unless that changes when it hits the NYC area.

Let me get this straight: they have prices posted on their web site, but don't have product in stock? Oh not, not this again!

https://www.hearth.com/econtent/index.php/forums/viewthread/693/

i think they are projecting for next season's early buy. distributers are usually a bit leary of buying bulk without orders this time of year as if not sold they may be stuck with them until folks start buying again in late summer when the buying season really starts to kick in in earnest. as for the product itself www.pelletheat.org shows a listing updated every couple weeks of manufacturers who have stock available, this is for retailers in their industry side but i believe it is accessable by the public i just looked at it from home and i do not believe my home isp is listed as industry by them here is a link to that page http://www.pelletheat.org/3/industry/retailersOnly.cfm bear in mind now this list doesnt reflect all of the mills who have stock , just the ones who have notified pelletheat.org that they do have it. shortages historically happen in regions which have protracted winters especially if spring doesnt arrive as early as it has in past couple years , evident this year in new england where its still snowing in late march, not unheard of but it hasnt been that way in last couple years as far as i know.

that said , 205 for NEWP is a great price , and i have heard very good reports for the most part on that product, if you have not burned them prudence tells me to recommend buying a few bags to compare without committing if possible but IMHO its a hard one to pass up, its 35 bucks a ton cheaper than i see here in Va where usually we have lower pellet prices than in new england area.

The New England Pellet site talks about delivering in early fall, orders placed now. Unless folks have had good luck with them, I'd be leery of placing an order and not knowing if I would really get pellets, then it would be too late to get them at a good price. Has anyone used these folks ? I would be closest to the Albany NY dealer, but about 2 hours north of there. I bet the delivery fee would be $100-200 for a flatbed from that far away.

It's funny how it says NY and NJ folks have to "call to confirm pricing". It may well not be available at the advertised price to many folks.

I think I'll need to order, and get into my cellar, 6 tons for next year.

Also, they offer so many different types of pellets, all at $205, but I don't feel they offered much explanation. People here have discussed the difference between brown and green (I believe it was hardwood and softwood), but the site doesn't seem to explain much about it.

stoveguy2esw said:
i think they are projecting for next season's early buy. distributers are usually a bit leary of buying bulk without orders this time of year as if not sold they may be stuck with them until folks start buying again in late summer when the buying season really starts to kick in in earnest. as for the product itself www.pelletheat.org shows a listing updated every couple weeks of manufacturers who have stock available, this is for retailers in their industry side but i believe it is accessable by the public i just looked at it from home and i do not believe my home isp is listed as industry by them here is a link to that page http://www.pelletheat.org/3/industry/retailersOnly.cfm bear in mind now this list doesnt reflect all of the mills who have stock , just the ones who have notified pelletheat.org that they do have it. shortages historically happen in regions which have protracted winters especially if spring doesnt arrive as early as it has in past couple years , evident this year in new england where its still snowing in late march, not unheard of but it hasnt been that way in last couple years as far as i know.

that said , 205 for NEWP is a great price , and i have heard very good reports for the most part on that product, if you have not burned them prudence tells me to recommend buying a few bags to compare without committing if possible but IMHO its a hard one to pass up, its 35 bucks a ton cheaper than i see here in Va where usually we have lower pellet prices than in new england area.

hey Mike, if I'm not wrong I think you have the englander 25-pdv, which pellet brand has worked the best for you based on your experience?
thanks for the reply....

tinkabranc said:
I called the place twice yesterday to find out about shipping to
the southeastern MA but no answer. I also sent an email as well, but
no response as of yet.

When I do hear, I will post their answer.

No response from them yet? No thanks then. I'll stick
with the places that call or email back within a day or two.

I could not agree with you more zeta.

I never received any callbacks or email responses from them.
Too good to be true I guess.

If a business does not respond just for general questions, makes
one wonder about their service.

When I saw this post I called this place and spoke to a woman who confirmed the price to my home address.....I haven't ordered yet but considering them as an option.....hoping they don;t have a "bad" batch of New England pellets......

Hey Geek,

why don't you order from CJSpellets.com, I live 5 miles from them. I picked 20 bags last saturday from their warehouse 10 hamer's hot ones and 10 New england hardwood. I like the NE ones so I ordered 3 tons for delivery this coming saturday. They have 1 ton of NE Hardwood for $235. He charge me 70 bucks for delivery. You should call them an ask about how much it will cost you for delivery. I looked around and this was the best price I could find, plus I know where they are. If you don't like the product you could exchange it.

Later.

Status
Not open for further replies.