Anyone order pellets at this site?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
pibe75 said:
Hey Geek,

why don't you order from CJSpellets.com, I live 5 miles from them. I picked 20 bags last saturday from their warehouse 10 hamer's hot ones and 10 New england hardwood. I like the NE ones so I ordered 3 tons for delivery this coming saturday. They have 1 ton of NE Hardwood for $235. He charge me 70 bucks for delivery. You should call them an ask about how much it will cost you for delivery. I looked around and this was the best price I could find, plus I know where they are. If you don't like the product you could exchange it.

Later.

will check it out, did you call the people of the website mentioned in this thread or not?.....cheaper......
so you paid $235/ton for the NE ?

Hi, I've left a phonemail message and also called these people. So far, no response in a few days now. I hope this is not too good to be true. I'm in Southeastern Ct and was hoping to buy.

kh395269 said:
Hi, I've left a phonemail message and also called these people. So far, no response in a few days now. I hope this is not too good to be true. I'm in Southeastern Ct and was hoping to buy.

I was able to speak to someone at New England Pellets yesterday. He told me the price(s) were still valid, but as far as delivery to my area (Northern New Jersey), the only way would be to get a trailer load. The area dealers he supplies are substantially higher in cost than his website prices.

Anyone in the Sussex County NJ area interested in working on a combined effort for a trailer load (22 tons) ?

Viz

GViz said:
kh395269 said:

I was able to speak to someone at New England Pellets yesterday. He told me the price(s) were still valid, but as far as delivery to my area (Northern New Jersey), the only way would be to get a trailer load. The area dealers he supplies are substantially higher in cost than his website prices.

Anyone in the Sussex County NJ area interested in working on a combined effort for a trailer load (22 tons) ?

Viz

so it looks like they're a valid source, when I called them last week they offered that proice for the premium NE with delivery included....yesterday I called another place and they told me $224 plus some delivery charges, when I mentioned that newenglandpellet had it for $205 he said there would be no way they could offer that price since all dealers are buying around $215 or so per ton........

so....does anyone have any suggestions on things to check before buying at newenglandpellet website, I mean they offered me NE Premium, is there anything in particular to ask or find out about their pellets??

Of course, I have to put in a plug for our own sponsor, Pelletsales.com - they don't deliver everywhere, but they certainly are good when it comes to logistics, quotes and other such stuff. They are, to my knowledge, the largest mover of retail pellets in the country.

And giving them business helps out the Hearth.com economy (ME)!

Of course, having met and dealt with their execs on a couple occasions, I am biased. But they are VERY serious about the business and have invested a LOT of money and time to become pros at it.

In mid-mass (Palmer, etc.) the folks at Squier Lumber stock and deliver a LOT of pellets.

Hi, I just called and spoke with someone and asked if they would deliver to the Greater New Haven Area in CT. She said they definitely would. There is no extra delivery fee. It is $205. I asked about the $25 fee on the website for s&h;. She said it was a mistake. They are trying to get it off the website. There is no extra fee. It is $205 a ton delivered. You call to order with a credit card. You buy now and they will call from May on to see when you want it delivered. You can get a delivery in the summer all the way up to like November. I still would like to see if someone else has ordered from here in the past and their experience, but I am sold on the price. I've been calling around here and it definitely can't be beat. It seems to be really hard to find pellets in my area, so shipping seems to really jack up the price.

I've also e-mailed, with no reply, and called. I got a live person who had to get "the boss" to see if they delivered to my zip code. I'm still waiting for a return call. I smell a rat.

Hi,

I wrote to the New England Pellet manufacturer to see if this company was on the up and up. Below was the response I received:

Dear Kim,

Thank you for contacting New England Wood Pellet, LLC. With regard to your inquiry, New England Pellet, LLC is one of our current dealers. The company is based in Suffield , Connecticut and if you use the zip code 06078, it will be listed on our dealer search.

I hope you find this information helpful. Please don’t hesitate to contact us again if you have additional questions or concerns.

Sincerely,

Alyson

Alyson Hotaling

Customer Service

New England Wood Pellet, LLC.

PO Box 532

Jaffrey, NH 03452

(603) 532-9400 ext. 211

www.pelletheat.com

Its a hell of a price, as a dealer don't know how they can do it. I would grab it if its real, but anxious to see if anyone really gets that price without some excessive delivery price.

I gave up on these clowns after 3 attempts. I ordered 6 tons from pelletsdirect.

Good thing I was not holding my breath waiting on these guys and
ordered my pellets elsewhere already. They finally responded back
to me this weekend and stated that the South Shore of MA is out of
their area.

pibe75 said:
Hey Geek,

why don't you order from CJSpellets.com, I live 5 miles from them. I picked 20 bags last saturday from their warehouse 10 hamer's hot ones and 10 New england hardwood. I like the NE ones so I ordered 3 tons for delivery this coming saturday. They have 1 ton of NE Hardwood for $235. He charge me 70 bucks for delivery. You should call them an ask about how much it will cost you for delivery. I looked around and this was the best price I could find, plus I know where they are. If you don't like the product you could exchange it.

Later

Hi, I've heard a lot about the NE green supreem . Do you know if they are hard wood or soft wood? Also, the NE in the green and white bag?.

Cjs pellets sell the the New england hardwoods the bags with beige color and red lettering. I have stored them in the garage for now. Later

I have e-mailed these http://newenglandpelletllc.com/pricing.asp folks twice within the last 24 hours and they have responded very quickly, the answer I get is that will deliver to me in North Central MA @ $205 a ton NO delivery charge. Now this thread is pretty long, but I see no one that has actually purchased and received pellets from these folks, HAS ANYONE ACTUALLY BOUGHT AND RECEIVED PELLETS FROM THESE PEOPLE?

I've called & left a message, called and spoke with a warm body, & tried e-mailing. I'm still waiting for a response, any response, even negative. Actually I stopped waiting and ordered from pellets direct. They responded in less than 12 hours and charged exactly what was quoted, both for product & delivery, and have promised to call before delivering, as well as bringing a forklift instead of a liftgate with pallet mule.

I saw the pricing on their website as well. Being in Central CT I decided to email them Friday night, they replied on Saturday with a quote of $205/ton delivered, but price will go up to $215/ton by June. They are so far below all the others that it seems too good to be true.... More googling and I found a discussion thread on them with some people who buy from them:
http://www.masslive.com/forums/westfield/index.ssf?artid=119354

What's the consensus?

well seeing they are not far from me i will go check it out and get back to you guys!!!!
if they are legit i will be getting a couple of tons

check out woodpelletprice.com
they have prices from this place and i know tthe guy confirms before he posts

i called and spoke to him today!!!!!
THEY ARE REAL AND SO ARE THE PRICES!!!!
its a small world... i have more than a few friends who know him... he explained the whole process why he is so cheap and so forth.... i even told him about the site
prices are good until may24th or 4th will confirm it
he has trucks with the boom on the that carry 8 tons and he can do trailer load of 22
his name is rick ... he is good friends with my suoervisor... man its a small world
they operate outta ct and mass and are opening up more dist. areas as you see o the website!!! when i told him about the website he gave me his cell number and sends any apologies for those that could not get in touch with him or janice
He has been in business for 3 yrs and does not advertise because its another overhead...last year he moved over 500 tons and this year he expexts to do 800!

Those of you in their area of service are lucky. The best I have found is $229 for the NEWP red lettering... plus flat rate delivery charge of $85 for 1-12 tons.

Supposed to get 7 ton delivered this Sat from a distributor of New England Pellet, made at their new plant in Utica NY. I'll re-post if they do show up. And seeing the highs next Tuesdays and Wednesday here in upstate NY are going to be in the 40's, thinking I'll get a chance to try a couple bags. Price 199 per ton with a 20 dollar shipping cost, flat fee.

Have swapped a couple e-mails with Steve at new england pellets llc email addy [email protected] Asked how long the $205 was good till and if he can doulble stack on arrival.

The price is good till June 1 and then take delivery from June 1 on.......

Looks Like I'm going to get 6-7 ton!

iceman said:
... he explained the whole process why he is so cheap and so forth....

iceman, could you share a bit his explanation on why his price is so atractive?

geek said:
iceman said:
... he explained the whole process why he is so cheap and so forth....

iceman, could you share a bit his explanation on why his price is so atractive?

very simple.... a lot of orders... without advertising, no showroom.. both ct and chicopee locations are run from home (2 diferent places)
so all he payes for is warehouse and then his people .. but keep in mind he thinks he will get 800 tons this year or more!.. plus i believe there is a dist for newp in palmer which is about 15 minutes down the road from him... a newp dist center (run by newp) so he could be picking up stuff himself
i would be a little nervous but he knows a couple of my friends and they have spoken highly of him and this is his 3rd or 4th yr.. he is an ex law enforcement kid.. retd now
but hey call him

Status
Not open for further replies.