Anyone order pellets at this site?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah! finally someone else!

FYI and I quote

Sent an email today at 6:30 A.M. and the reply came at 6:46 A.M. So much for slow reply. Here is the response to my questions. Sorry did not save a copy of my questions but you should be able to figure them out.

Due to your location it is out of our range, But another dealer is Royal Fireside in Mendon Mass 1-508-473-6610, All the pellets can be stored outside but i would recommend storage inside. We start in June the second week. At the time of order the charge will be completed, Then you will receive a conformation in the mail to set a shipment date. The price includes trucking if your within our area, Thanks Steve

Edit
Called Royal Fireside...they will deliver to my area at the cost of $244 per ton with $20 per ton delivery charge. That is the Warm Front brand. Big difference in price I would say.

mralias said:
.....We start in June the second week. At the time of order the charge will be completed, Then you will receive a conformation in the mail to set a shipment date.

so that means they'll charge your CC as soon as you submit the order on Paypal, right?

Looks that way to me

[/quote]Edit
Called Royal Fireside...they will deliver to my area at the cost of $244 per ton with $20 per ton delivery charge. That is the Warm Front brand. Big difference in price I would say.[/quote]

Why is that so much more? I would definitely contact Steve and tell him this is the price they quoted you. If they are another dealer of NEWP LLC I wonder.

Edit
Called Royal Fireside...they will deliver to my area at the cost of $244 per ton with $20 per ton delivery charge. That is the Warm Front brand. Big difference in price I would say.[/quote]

Why is that so much more? I would definitely contact Steve and tell him this is the price they quoted you. If they are another dealer of NEWP LLC I wonder.[/quote]

i dont think they are just someone in the area

Yea, but Steve and Rick both said that Warm Front brand is their own private label. So if that vendor is carrying that label, they must be part of the franchise. If it were me, I'd check back with Steve or Rick.

Still may be nothing that can be done about the price, but its worth a shot, eh?

requin said:
Yea, but Steve and Rick both said that Warm Front brand is their own private label. So if that vendor is carrying that label, they must be part of the franchise. If it were me, I'd check back with Steve or Rick.

Still may be nothing that can be done about the price, but its worth a shot, eh?
always worth a shot
didn't realize it was there own..kinda strange they obviously are branching out and dont wanna cut out people that are buying inbulk from them then ....for 50 bucks a ton i would consider getting a couple of friends and going in on a truck (8 tons) ask him his range meet him at the line and everybody get their stuff and go ... or if you have a friend in the delivery area ask to get them dropped off there and go pick them up

the top of their page showing the price states:

"All Listed items come in half Tons at $135.00 only in Connecticut, Mass"

What does this mean? that statement may be misleading and it should say "also come in half tons"

Guess I'm getting picky now.....:)

yea that's a badly worded statement. Steve is the one who did the website and he's apparently not that much into details. I *think* that means only CT & MA residents can get half tons. Ya think that's what it means?

all i know is I'M GETTING PELLETS FOR 205!!!!!!!!
i'm trying to find space to store at least 4 tons if i can get it thats 2yrs for pellets plus my truckload of wood for 400 =1200 plus (electricity to run blowers) whatever my gas fireplace runs and my house is heated for at least 2yrs!!!!!! yeah!!!!!!!!!!!! and nest years oil prolly $4 x750(min) 1000gl(max) =3000-4000!!!!
yeah!!!!! under 1300 for 2yrs!!!!!!!!>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>going drinking to celebrate!!!

iceman you really have me thinking I should order 4 tons instead of 3, then I will have 2 yrs worth of pellets too. I'm pretty sure I can find the space. I was just wondering if its a good idea to store pellets that long? What do you think? Will they absorb moisture somehow (in the air) and not burn well? I'll be storing mine in the garage which doesn't get wet but still the bags are vented so I wonder...

iceman said:
Edit
Called Royal Fireside...they will deliver to my area at the cost of $244 per ton with $20 per ton delivery charge. That is the Warm Front brand. Big difference in price I would say.

Why is that so much more? I would definitely contact Steve and tell him this is the price they quoted you. If they are another dealer of NEWP LLC I wonder.[/quote]

i dont think they are just someone in the area[/quote]

They tried to tell me this is their price all year long once you buy your first Ton. It is a locked price just like oil (wonderful huh?). I think the retailer can sell it for what ever they want too. They are not locked into a set price. I will look local instead. Shame....I would love to have bought 4 tons at $205. I will keep loooking.

mralias said:
They tried to tell me this is their price all year long once you buy your first Ton. It is a locked price just like oil (wonderful huh?). I think the retailer can sell it for what ever they want too. They are not locked into a set price. I will look local instead. Shame....I would love to have bought 4 tons at $205. I will keep loooking.

I guess the reason Rick and Steve can offer such a good price is because they work together on the area they cover, and have many trucks. Apprently the vendor you spoke with doesn't have this sort of deal going on and probably hasn't as many trucks. Too bad...good luck, keep looking, you'll find a better deal!

requin said:
iceman you really have me thinking I should order 4 tons instead of 3, then I will have 2 yrs worth of pellets too. I'm pretty sure I can find the space. I was just wondering if its a good idea to store pellets that long? What do you think? Will they absorb moisture somehow (in the air) and not burn well? I'll be storing mine in the garage which doesn't get wet but still the bags are vented so I wonder...

sometimes you gotta think of a possible bad batch, not saying their pellets will be "bad" but you never know, I saw many posts about the Pennington brand (very reputable) having a large bad batch of pellets......again you never know but good luck......

We got 7 ton delivered Sat. of the New England Wood pellets, brown bag/premium pellets. Made in the new plant near Utica NY. I'm trying a bag right now( its 47 here in upstate NY, going down to 35 tonight). They seem to be burnig great, and couldn't be happier. Paid 199 per Ton, $20 flat delivery charge. Can't beat the price!

Stihl said:
We got 7 ton delivered Sat. of the New England Wood pellets, brown bag/premium pellets. Made in the new plant near Utica NY. I'm trying a bag right now( its 47 here in upstate NY, going down to 35 tonight). They seem to be burnig great, and couldn't be happier. Paid 199 per Ton, $20 flat delivery charge. Can't beat the price!

thanks for the feedback on the newp, I see you have same stove I have, please post results tomorrow as I never tried this brand before......

Hi, I'm also seriously considering buying 3 tons or so from this site. Did I hear someone say though that the price is good til the end of May? Maybe I will hold off a bit if that is the case. Then again, I don't want to risk missing out either. I guess I just have the same concern as others - paying up front and then never getting my stuff... We still haven't found anyone who has taken delivery from them yet which I find a bit odd. How long have they been around? Then again, it would also be nice not to have to worry about storing pellets for a while either.

Alo, geek, I see that you are not far from my hometown and was just wondering if you have ever looked into Beacon Pellet & Supply in Beacon Falls? I have also considered calling them to see what they have to offer. Or, where do you normally purchase from in the area? There doesn't seem to be too many choices around this part of CT which makes delivery cost a major issue. I'm also trying to steer clear of most stove dealers as they not only tend be higher in price, but I have also not had that warm fuzzy feeling from most of them thus far. It seems if you don't purchase the stove from them, most of them don't want to give you the time of day. It's really quite sad when they still have so much potential revenue to gain.

Anyone in the Stamford, CT or Westchester, NY area interested in ordering wood pellets from this site should call them because they are willing to deliver to these areas if there's a demand. With this great price of $205 per ton delivered, how can you go wrong. They need at least a pool shipment of 12 ton to make their while. I already requested 5 tons, so 7 more tons needed. The number to order is 860-331-3278.

I just spoke with them, even though I am listed in their delivery area they are quoting me 220 a ton and a $50 dollar deliver charge.... Not a bad price...but deceptive to advertise as 220 delivered, than add a delivery charge on top of the "delivered" price.

I was lucky to order a week or so ago, $205 delivered to Naugatuck.....

in the paypal transaction I asked them to call me to arrange/schedule delivery, no calls yet......but that's ok 'cause I need to be ready and cleaning up basement......

Has anyone been quoted a time when these pellets will actually be available? Has anyone received anything???

When I called a couple of weeks ago, I was told the first week in June. I talked to them over the past few days and was told sometime after the 3rd week in June...

before I purchased I had talked to a woman on the phone and she said they could deliver whenever I wanted.....however when I placed the order I added a comment asking them to call my cell to schedule delivery.....no calls return yet............

Their customer service certainly leaves a little to be desired. Are you planning on calling them to schedule delivery, or are you just going to wait for them to eventually call since the pellets aren't needed right away? Did you pay with PP or were you able to pay with a CC? Looking at their website, I don't see any payment options other than "Scam-pal"... surly they accept CC payment, no???

Has anyone else ordered from this outfit? Any news at all?

They don`t return calls or answer Emails.
They need to have their asses kicked for that. No excuse!
John

Status
Not open for further replies.