Anyone order pellets at this site?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My payment has finally been refunded... Tuesday that emailed me asking me for my name, address, and info on the paypal order I submitted. (all of which they should of easily had at their fingertips - because when you buy something paypal sends the information to both parties) I replied to that email, and then noticed that they must of figured that they had all the information, and they issued the refund.

On one of the messages the woman stated that they have delivered to my area in the past, but due to demand they just can't.

I would totally stay clear of this company.
I instead went with: http://pelletsdirect.com/index.htm

Spoken to a human being multiple times. Was quoted a price and they held to it (even when the price went up on their website before the charge went through)
And then I've received a .pdf invoice with my order, and the approx delivery date. (first week of Aug)

I'm paying a little bit more for the pellets overall, but I'm comfortable that I will in fact actually see pellets come this Aug.

--
that being said, it appears that their supplies are growing thin, and their delivery dates are getting pushed out.

Talked with them Friday night on the way home. Pellets should be scheduled for late July. Even though they changed their service area and condensed it, they are commited to delivering to my area from before the changes.

When I have called previously, I get the filled phone message and leave a message on their after hours number and they've called me back each time.

I'm going to wait and stay with them.

She even said if I was really concerned, I could make arrangements to pick them up at theri warehouse.

they also called me Thursday night (I was surprised a bit due to the time....lol) and mentioned that they were running a bit behind on the schedules to the 2nd or 3rd week in July, he also mentioned we could do the pickup ourselves; will stick with them for a couple more weeks.....

Still curious, has anyone gotten anything yet?

You should probably consider yourself lucky.

I sent them an email a few days ago asking about the status of my order since they have yet to contact me, I haven't heard a word from them since I sent it. Surprise, surprise... :roll:

Maybe these guys are legit, but it sure has been a long time since I've seen worse customer service!

Wet1 said:
I sent them an email a few days ago asking about the status of my order since they have yet to contact me, I haven't heard a word from them since I sent it. Surprise, surprise... :roll:

Maybe these guys are legit, but it sure has been a long time since I've seen worse customer service!

I live down the street from them.i'll see if there still around this weekend.

It's tough to reach them by phone, but I have made contact twice in the past week, usually in the afternoon. Tammy said they have no pellets in their warehouse right now but are getting loads from the mill(s) - mill production is way behind she said.

I'd too would be interested to hear what you find if you stop by their place

GViz said:
It's tough to reach them by phone, but I have made contact twice in the past week, usually in the afternoon. Tammy said they have no pellets in their warehouse right now but are getting loads from the mill(s) - mill production is way behind she said.
I just talked to the pellet manufacture (since these folks can't be bothered with contacting me). I was told they have be sending them shipments of pellets and will be continuing to send them more pellets going forward. So it sounds like someone much be getting deliveries, but I'm yet to hear of anyone actually receiving anything. Hell, I'd be happy if they would just contact me to let me know what's going on!

I'd too would be interested to hear what you find if you stop by their place
Me three... Crickets maybe?

It will be saturday.i'm not sure if i can see there whats insiode the wearhouse.i.ve never seen it before. i have only seen the billboards they have around town.

It will be Saturday.i'm not sure if i can see there whats inside the warehouse.i.ve never seen it before. i have only seen the billboards they have around town.

johnnywarm said:
It will be Saturday.i'm not sure if i can see there whats inside the warehouse.i.ve never seen it before. i have only seen the billboards they have around town.

Did you have any success ?

[quote author="Wet1" date="1216323304I just talked to the pellet manufacture (since these folks can't be bothered with contacting me)[/quote]

What number did you use to contact the pellet manufacturer ?

GViz said:
johnnywarm said:

Did you have any success ?

I could not find 127 thomsonville Rd suffield Ct.The road ended at 263. I see now that they have a Warehouse in enfield Ct. Thats just over the river.I will look into it today.

I'm not saying there not at 127 thomsonville rd,i just could not loacate it.

Just got back.1654 King st enfield is a big area where allot of companies rent space.it looked like a flatbed truck was being loaded up with pellets. the bags or wrapper was reddish brown.I could not go in but i could see from the street.there where about 6 tons in the open faced garage and about 6 tons on the truck. i could not see the side of the truck or the name of the company.

Sorry there's no more info.

johnnywarm said:
Just got back.1654 King st enfield is a big area where allot of companies rent space.it looked like a flatbed truck was being loaded up with pellets. the bags or wrapper was reddish brown.I could not go in but i could see from the street.there where about 6 tons in the open faced garage and about 6 tons on the truck. i could not see the side of the truck or the name of the company.

Sorry there's no more info.

Thanks !! Red lettering on the back would seem to indicate New England Pellets, I guess. For a warehouse, doesn't seem like they have much if all that was on the ground were 6 tons, unless they're hidden out of view.

Thanks !! Red lettering on the back would seem to indicate New England Pellets, I guess. For a warehouse, doesn't seem like they have much if all that was on the ground were 6 tons, unless they're hidden out of view.[/quote]

This is what i'm thinking.I'll see if i can get a better look towards the end of the week. Maybe a pic or two.we are all in this together.

GViz said:
[quote author="Wet1" date="1216323304I just talked to the pellet manufacture (since these folks can't be bothered with contacting me)

What number did you use to contact the pellet manufacturer ?[/quote]

Alyson Hotaling

Customer Service

New England Wood Pellet LLC
(603) 532-9400 ext. 211

This is hilarious. You guys are tracking down the shippers and snooping around warehouses now. This pellet frenzy is too much.

Fire It Up said:
This is hilarious. You guys are tracking down the shippers and snooping around warehouses now. This pellet frenzy is too much.

I don't disagree. For my own situation though, with 22 tons ordered, I'm looking at a large price difference if I can't secure the order I signed up for.

Fire It Up said:

When something is promised you and you start to get problems,i like to know whats up.i ordered from my dealer and my pellets are in there warehouse.i may have payed more but they will be in my garage first week in august.

Fire It Up said:
It's not so hilarious when you prepaid months ago for over $1000 worth of pellets and the seller never contacts you.

I can wait for the pellets, I just wish someone at some level in this org. would let me know what's going on. I'm sure I'm not the only customer which feels this way.

Wet1 said:
Fire It Up said:
It's not so hilarious when you prepaid months ago for over $1000 worth of pellets and the seller never contacts you.

I can wait for the pellets, I just wish someone at some level in this org. would let me know what's going on. I'm sure I'm not the only customer which feels this way.

Very well put.can someone ask them where there office is??what is it next too.

so glad I got out when I did... this is just bad news as far as I'm concerned.. even if they do come through with pellets... is it worth all this added frustration? I would suggest anyone looking to possibly purchase pellets from here to look elsewhere - as it's not worth the unknown factor.. :/

Status
Not open for further replies.